AudioKey 2 updated on Android and iOS (2.0.6)

Tim

• Members

AudioKey 2 was updated from 2.0.5 to 2.0.6 on Android Play Store and the Apple App Store.

The release date was January 15, 2023 and the release notes are not very specific, just "Several minor improvements and bug fixes"

Has anyone noticed any specific improvements? 

The app on the Android Play Store doesn't have a lot of reviews but it is nice that Med-El responds to some of them and says that they will consider changes in a future release, for example about a 30 day timeout requiring signing in again.  

Revisions seem to come out slowly, maybe 9 to 12 months but it is nice to see that they are continuing to improve it.  The ratings are pretty consistent on both app stores (2.8 and 2.9).

Hoping that they continue to make software enhancements while Med-El works on making processors with better Bluetooth.

Interesting. Here, in Switzerland, I was still on 2.0.5. To get the update I had to log into the Apple store and manually download it. Thank you @Tim for the heads up. It's a pity Medel-El does not update automatically nor inform it's user base that an update exists.

• Members

@Andrew42 I think it is more of a default setting for apps to push updates out slowly to see if there are problems with the update before going widely.  I see that with other, wider user-base apps that can take 3 or 4 days it seems to be visible to everyone.

I turn off auto updating for apps - I like to see when things get updates and what the notes say about the updates.  It is almost like getting  a present when app gets major improvements! 

• HearPeers Heroes

@Andrew42

I have automatic updates turned on with my iPhone and AudioKey 2 automatically updated to version 2.0.6 three days ago

B14815B1-3C50-42C9-BB58-B138CD9795C5.jpeg