Star in our midst

Adam

• HearPeers Heroes

Thanks Adam.  I think Med-El is reusing some guest articles.  This was actually from the fall.  I think we are seeing Cara's and Kara's articles repeat too.  Maybe they put them all in some kind of cycle so new people to Med-El see them too.

how are you liking your rechargeable batteries?

• HearPeers Heroes

It also helps that the 3 of you are members of hearpeers as well

• HearPeers Heroes

I can't believe how much lighter the processor is with the rechargeable batteries.

also, I'm impressed with ease of changing them.

they (standard) seem to last around 12 hours. I have not tried any assistive tech like the DAI cable or FM with them yet.

i have also noticed that they don't give me near as long as the disposables do before going dead. The rechargeables will die pretty quickly after the beeping starts. The disposables, I have a lot longer

• HearPeers Heroes

Very true about the length of time between the dead battery beep and going dead.  It's much shorter with the rechargeable batteries.  I tend to swap them out at a convenient time so I don't always wait for the beeps.  Med-El said that using them until they completely drain or charging them when they are partially drained will not impact the life of these batteries at all.

12 hours is at the high end.  Good for you.  I get 10 - 10.5 hours and that includes several hours of the neckloop.

I love how light they are too.  Funny how we notice such a slight change in weight!

• HearPeers Heroes

That's good to know about charging. I was under the impression that it wasn't good for the battery if we charged them before  they were completely dry.

i will check the hours I get as well, a few more times just to be sure I was correct.