Introducing myself

Alan

I really like this forum, but I'm shy about introducing myself. I had my Medel implant since Sept 2008 and no complaint at all. Now I have a Sonnet since Sept 2016 and wow it even better than the Opus2. What got my attention it about the topic regarding the bluetooth technology written by HADRON last year in Feb. I wonder is there anything new yet from Medel on the bluetooth for Sonnet?

Alan

• HearPeers Heroes

Hi Alan and welcome.

the future 2.4 wireless connectivity device is not out yet.  It has been advertised in Europe on Med-El flyers so we know it is called AudioLink.  If you do a search for AudioLink, you will find a picture of it as well as its progress in the Trademark process.  Med-El's policy is not to discuss any possible future item until it is released.

https://trademarks.justia.com/868/06/audiolink-86806147.html

• HearPeers Heroes

Hi and welcome! I use the Quattro 4 as my Bluetooth it works really well. 

• HearPeers Heroes

Hi Allan,

Glad to see you are doing well with your CI.

The SONNET has a built-in 2.4GHz receiver and MED-EL is developing wireless accessories to transmit digital wireless audio to them. Unfortunately there has been no updates on the status of these accessories.

MED-EL Deutschland has given a few presentations which discussed the 2.4GHz digital wireless technology called AudioLink. We assume that this is the future wireless technology.

MED-EL Australia announced last year that the 2.4GHz wireless accessories will be available by the end of 2016. That hasn't happened yet.

• HearPeers Heroes

I believe I saw some videos on YouTube on how to talk on the phone with the audio link. 

I will see if I can find them

• HearPeers Heroes

Hmmmm. I doubt it Adam because Med-El has not released the AudioLink anywhere yet.  It is still in development.  Maybe you are recalling the videos of using the Quattro4 with the phone?  Jeff Campagna has those on YouTube.

• HearPeers Heroes

Could be Mary Beth

I have an excellent memory, it's just very short :) 

• HearPeers Heroes

Ok I have figured it out. I was thinking of the video for the mini tech.