A good moment

Scoots

This isn't necessarily a "wow" moment but it's definitely a moment I can celebrate.  One of my biggest worries has been how the CI affects listening to music and I knew eventually music would sound good again but I have been worried about for how long I couldn't listen to the music I've loved for years.  

Since I got activated about 3 weeks ago the only thing that stands out when listening to music is the drums, everything else has been a jumbled mess of noise.  Every once in awhile I was able to pick out the lyricist, still couldn't understand the words, and even songs I knew by heart for 25 years I just couldn't recognize without looking to see what song was playing.

Today, for the first time, I immediately knew what song was playing and could clearly separate the lyrics from the drums from the guitar from the bass. It still sounded very electronic and had the chirps and whistles and stuff, but I could recognize it and the separate parts. AC/DC's Thunderstruck.  I don't know if it had more to do with that particular song's structure or if my brain has started to learn to hear with the CI, but I'll take it.  

• Like 3

• HearPeers Heroes

@Scoots

Definitely qualifies as a WOW moment!

That is how music with my CI went too!  First percussion and then bit by bit other instruments and vocals.  Isn’t it amazing to experience our brain actually changing while it learns to listen with our CI?  Fascinating 

• Like 3

• HearPeers Heroes

Music is still, after almost five years (HOLY MOLY, HAS IT BEEN FIVE YEARS??) is still getting better.  @Scoots  you'll remember the song you first started hearing well on for a long time.   

• Like 2