Activation day!!

Adam

• HearPeers Heroes

Let's everybody wish Alessandro a great activation today. Just remember, it will get better from here. Your second big step on your hearing journey. Congratulations!!!

• HearPeers Heroes

Alessandro 

pit will probably be overwhelming at first on a couple different levels. As soon as you feel ready, please let us know how the activation went

• HearPeers Heroes

Congrats Alessandro!! Best of luck!! 

• 4 weeks later...
  • HearPeers Heroes

I have a question. During my first implant activation, my AuD asked me to not wear my HA while I learned to hear with the Right side CI .

Now its one year later and doing well with the CI and am now implanted on the left. Will I need to NOT wear my right side CI while I teach my brain to hear with the left side CI (when I get activated)?

• HearPeers Heroes

When I went bilateral, my Audi encouraged me not to wear my other processor as much as possible as to give the second ear the same opportunity to have to work at hearing with that ear.

• HearPeers Heroes

Every audiologist has her own set of recommendations for this so check with your audiologist.  I was told to listen at least 2 hours daily with the new side alone.  The rest of the time I was to be bilateral.

• HearPeers Heroes

This is very true. I started with one Audi who had definite opinions of how things should go. Then right before my first activation, she left MUSC to work for a CI company directly, not MEDEL. My Audi now goes about things a little differently

• 1 month later...
  • HearPeers Heroes

Well My AuD suggested that I NOT use my Right side CI to let my brain adjust to the new one on the Left. I told her on Monday I will be away at a business meeting. She said to definitely wear the Right CI during that meeting. Luckily the meeting will be looped so I won't miss anything.

After that I will be doing as much auditory training as possible to get to "normal" :D