From South Africa

Haidee

Good day,

My name is Haidee, I live in South Africa. I've been deaf on the left side al my life, but only got help after my one sin was born with Microtia/Atresia. 

I came across this group now, while searching for post-op information on the Bonebridge. 

I've had my Bonebridge inplant surgery two days ago, but today I'm in a huge amount of pain.

Just wanted to talk to anybody else who have had the same operation, to confirm the pain level and try to understand what is normal.

I don't want to run back to the doctors if it is normal.

Thank you,

Haidee

• HearPeers Heroes

Hi Haidee,

Welcome.  I am sorry about your pain.  I have cochlear implants but I just wanted to welcome you to the group.  People with BoneBridge will share their experiences.  However, it is always a good idea to contact your doctor about anything that concerns you during your recovery.  I hope you feel better soon.

Hi Mary,

Thanks for the advice, I've sent my ENT a message now, I don't believe I should be in this much pain. And it is turning blue on the side of my eye, like I've been in a fight. My face is also quite swollen in front of my ear. 

I'm to scared to go to the ER and have any Dr touch my ear. I'll keep you posted on what she said. 

Cheers

Haidee

• HearPeers Heroes

Please do keep,us posted.  I hope you feel better soon.

Thanks Mary. 

My Dr let me know that I shouldn't be in pain, she's going to give me a call shortly. 

• HearPeers Heroes

I am glad that you and your doctor are in touch.  Hope you feel better soon.

Hi, 

Been a really hectic day. Dr admitted me back into hospital, a hematoma formed behind my ear, with blood pushing right through to my eye.

At least I'm in good hands now and starting to feel much better.

When I'm out of here, I'll write a proper introduction of myself and my little ones journey.

Thank you for caring!

Haidee

• HearPeers Heroes

I am so glad you are in your doctor's care now.  Rest and heal.  Looking forward to hearing more of your story when you are feeling better.  And your little one's story too.

• HearPeers Heroes

Whelmed to Hearpeers! We wish you all the best on your recovery! And to meeting you formally!! 

• HearPeers Heroes

Haidee

im so sorry you are having to deal with this! I am sure you are frustrated but I'm very proud of you for calling your doc when you felt things didn't seem right.

i am believing that things will go well under your doctors care whilein the hospital.

please know that your hearpeers freinds are thinking of you as you go through this challenging time of your recovery. Please update us as you feel led.

Thank you so much!

I'm hoping to go home later today. The Dr is a bit worried as the pain has not gone away yet, it is much better though.

Will keep you posted, chat again soon,

Haidee

• HearPeers Heroes

Glad to hear things arsheaded in the right direction. Keep us posted

• HearPeers Heroes

Thanks for the update.  We are thinking of you.

On 3/4/2017 at 5:25 PM, Haidee said:

Good day,

My name is Haidee, I live in South Africa. I've been deaf on the left side al my life, but only got help after my one sin was born with Microtia/Atresia. 

I came across this group now, while searching for post-op information on the Bonebridge. 

I've had my Bonebridge inplant surgery two days ago, but today I'm in a huge amount of pain.

Just wanted to talk to anybody else who have had the same operation, to confirm the pain level and try to understand what is normal.

I don't want to run back to the doctors if it is normal.

Thank you,

Haidee

Hi Haidee, thank you for reaching out to the HearPeers community. If you are experiencing pain, I strongly recommend getting in touch with a medical professional as soon as possible. Your local MED-EL Representative will also be able to offer further support - I have sent you a private message with more information. 

Kind regards, 

Leigh

HearPeers Support Team

• Like 2

• HearPeers Heroes

Hi Haidee...

Huh,... Although you are at pain now and worry much about what will happen, I can asure you that everything will come up just as a bad dream.

Do you have conductive or sensorineural hearing loss as the indication for the implantation of the Bonebridge?

I am the Bonebridge implantee, after everything settles down - we would gladly like to read your story.

Nevertheless, we are here for you...[emoji6]

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk