Maestro and Synchrony

kblgy

hi, what is the difference between the maestro and synchrony please?  do they both use triformance?

thank you, kblgy

• HearPeers Heroes

There are a lot of new terms to learn on this journey.  You can find lots of information on Med-El's website.

Synchrony is the name of Med-El's newest internal component for cochlear implants.

Maestro is the name of the system software that is used to manage our CI programs in our processors (Sonnets, Rondos, Opus2)

sorry i'm just going by what I was told from the doctors office, Okay then just going to have to wait and see . thx anyways.

but even on your site they show them as two implant systems.

• HearPeers Heroes

No need for apologies.  We are not Med-El employees (except for the admin).  We are Med-El users who help each other.

I agree that the Maestro term is used in more than one way on Med-El's website.

It may be easier to get the names of the internal component and external processor that your center is considering for you.  Then those of us using the same tech, can share our experiences.

For me:

Right Concert implant with medium electrode array

Left Synchrony implant with Flex28 electrode array

I have Sonnet, Rondo and Opus2 processors.

They are amazing!

• HearPeers Heroes
hi, what is the difference between the maestro and synchrony please?  do they both use triformance?
thank you, kblgy

Ok, most obvious difference is that these are 2 completely different generations of cochlear's system: Synchrony is the newest:
http://www.medel.com/int/show4/index/id/1468/title/SYNCHRONY/
with Synchrony as the implant and Sonnet as the speech processor.

, and Maestro is older:
http://www.medel.com/products-maestro-components/
It is consisted of Concerto or Sonata internal inplant and Opus as the speech processor.

Triformance combines three technologies as the prerquisites to get better results of the implantation: complete cochlear coverage, fine tuning and atraumatic electrodes which minimize not to deviate any aspect as the foundation for a thorough rehabilitation.
[emoji6][emoji3]

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

so this is a clinical trial I an getting into and what I was told was the Maestro and concerto, but I want to know if they incorporate the latest triformance sound wise. thank you.

• HearPeers Heroes

Ivana,

Dont you find the way Maestro is used by Med-El to be a little confusing because they also call the software Maestro 6.0?

Kblgy,

Med-El makes their new processors backwards compatible with older internal implants.  So we can use the newest processor (Sonnet) with older internal implants that came before the Synchrony implant.  In fact I am presently using two Sonnets: one with an internal Synchrony implant and the other with an internal Concert Implant.

If you do a search on Med-El you can look back to see how long the term Triformance has been being used.  Med-El has a timeline on their website also under History of Med-El that shows when the various devices became available.

I see you are in the US.  I wasn't aware that there were clinical trials in the US using the Concert implant.  Interesting.  

When will you receive your implant?

1 minute ago, Mary Beth said:

Ivana,

Dont you find the way Maestro is used by Med-El to be a little confusing because they also call the software Maestro 6.0?

Kblgy,

Med-El makes their new processors backwards compatible with older internal implants.  So we can use the newest processor (Sonnet) with older internal implants that came before the Synchrony implant.  In fact I am presently using two Sonnets: one with an internal Synchrony implant and the other with an internal Concert Implant.

If you do a search on Med-El you can look back to see how long the term Triformance has been being used.  Med-El has a timeline on their website also under History of Med-El that shows when the various devices became available.

I see you are in the US.  I wasn't aware that there were clinical trials in the US using the Concert implant.  Interesting.  

Sometime in april, the date hasn't been set yet.  this is for ssd. I am very excited and cannot wait. trying to learn about what I will be getting.

• HearPeers Heroes

Exciting!  I know a few single sided deaf people with CIs on their deaf side.  They have had great results.

If you are getting a Concert implant, I have one of those and it is amazing!

Your processor may be a Rondo or Opus2.  I have those too.  Great devices.

I am excited for you.  I hope you stick around and share your journey with us here.

• HearPeers Heroes
Ivana,

Kblgy,

Possibly MB, but as kblgy does not know for a sure, I have to presume the other possibility.
Who knows...

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

• HearPeers Heroes

I have a concerto implant with a sonnet processor. I only have one presently. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • HearPeers Heroes

I have 2 Sonata implants with opus 2 processors and the near Sonnet processors. As Marybeth stated, the implants are backwards compatible so I had no issues upgrading to the new processor with the Sonata implant

• 10 months later...

Hello dear friends 

for me

concerto internal

I have opus 2 was rondo included 

I replaced my opus 2 with sonnet

@Mary Beth dear Mary there is a difference between Synchrony & Concerto ?

Kindly, I wish you till us if you touch difference between two internal implanted devices, I thought because Synchrony newest one there are improvements but I check on Med-El website both Synchrony and Concerto have same dimension and width!

• HearPeers Heroes

@iHM24

There are differences between the internal Synchrony and internal Concert.  One is the magnet design which allows different strength MRI testing.  Another is that the Synchrony internal magnet can be removed for MRIs of the head which would encounter artifacts by leaving the magnet in during the MRI test.

There are other differences......I read something about the number of electrodes that can be fired in parallel, etc....but to my knowledge those differences are for future processing strategies that Med-El has not yet released anywhere.  So I guess we can think of it as the Synchrony has the ability to do some things that will be coming in the future that the Concert does not have.

As a user of one Concert and one Synchrony......no differences in perceived sound quality at all.  I just need to keep the magnets right since they require different kinds of external magnets in the coils and Rondo (Concert magnets are marked with circles and Synchrony magnets are marked with triangles).  And since I have one of each, I must follow the MRI rules for the Concert.

18 minutes ago, Mary Beth said:

@iHM24

There are differences between the internal Synchrony and internal Concert.  One is the magnet design which allows different strength MRI testing.  Another is that the Synchrony internal magnet can be removed for MRIs of the head which would encounter artifacts by leaving the magnet in during the MRI test.

There are other differences......I read something about the number of electrodes that can be fired in parallel, etc....but to my knowledge those differences are for future processing strategies that Med-El has not yet released anywhere.  So I guess we can think of it as the Synchrony has the ability to do some things that will be coming in the future that the Concert does not have.

As a user of one Concert and one Synchrony......no differences in perceived sound quality at all.  I just need to keep the magnets right since they require different kinds of external magnets in the coils and Rondo (Concert magnets are marked with circles and Synchrony magnets are marked with triangles).  And since I have one of each, I must follow the MRI rules for the Concert.

Thank you dear @Mary Beth for reach knowledge I noticed that circle and triangles marked my magnets circle because Concerto my friend he had Synchrony because I marked his magnets but it should be noticed patients not to try to use other CI’s if they have knowledge about different in magnets specially for children should be noticed not to change with their colleagues in classrooms!