Just activated yesterday!

Jen W

Hello everyone,

I am 4 weeks post surgery for my Bonebridge and just got my Samba 2 activated yesterday. I have moderate to severe conductive hearing loss in my left ear. It is definitely going to take some getting used to. I currently have a constant mild static sound though - has anyone else experienced this? Of course I will follow up with my audiologist, but I have already hear from one person for whom this never went away. Hoping this is not the case for me. I don't think I could handle this on a permanent basis.

Congratulations Jen for activation. This will definitely gets better over time. Just wear it every day and let your mind catch up with it. And yes do follow up with your audi for fine running time to time.

10 hours ago, Jimit said:

Congratulations Jen for activation. This will definitely gets better over time. Just wear it every day and let your mind catch up with it. And yes do follow up with your audi for fine running time to time.

Thanks! This was something a little different than the usual. I went back to my audiologist and she ran some tests and found that it was indeed a defect in the Samba device. Med El is sending me a new one.

• 1 month later...
On 2/12/2023 at 10:37 AM, Jen W said:

Thanks! This was something a little different than the usual. I went back to my audiologist and she ran some tests and found that it was indeed a defect in the Samba device. Med El is sending me a new one.

Hi Jen! Just curious if you received your new processor and the static sound has gone away. Thx