Azbio +10  98.6

Azbio +5     93.3

Azbio 0        54.1

CNC Q       96

CNC +10     74

• HearPeers Heroes

I have some other scores a little more detailed but can't seem to post them

• HearPeers Heroes

On my iPad I can see your scores but then there is a one area of just nothing.  Was there a picture or something there?

What was the presentation level (60 dB)?

• HearPeers Heroes

Let's try again

Condition Config Material
Speech Level
Speech Location
Noise Type Noise Level Noise Location SNR   Scores for each condition
Right-CNC Right CNC 60 0 N/A Quiet N/A Inf   80
Right-CNC +10 Right                 44
Right-AzB-Q Right AzBio 60 0 N/A Quiet N/A Inf   89.7
Right-AzB-+10 Right AzBio 60 0 Babble 50 0 10   77.5
Right-AzB-+5 Right AzBio 60 0 Babble 55 0 5   46
Right-AzB-0 Right AzBio 60 0 Babble 0 0 0   34.3
Left-CNC Left CNC 60 0 N/A Quiet N/A Inf   68
Left-CNC +10 Left                 44
Left-AzB-Q Left AzBio 60 0 N/A Quiet N/A Inf   91.2
Left-AzB-+10 Left AzBio 60 0 Babble 50 0 10   76
Left-AzB-+5 Left AzBio 60 0 Babble 55 0 5   57.5
Left-AzB-0 Left AzBio 60 0 Babble 0 0 0   17.6
Bilat-CNC Bilateral CNC 60 0 N/A Quiet N/A Inf   80
Bilat-CNC +10 Bilateral                 62
Bilat-AzB-Q Bilateral AzBio 60 0 N/A Quiet N/A Inf   92.3
Bilat-AzB-+10 Bilateral AzBio 60 0 Babble 50 0 10   84.2
Bilat-AzB-+5 Bilateral AzBio 60 0 Babble 55 0 5   64
Bilat-AzB-0 Bilateral AzBio 60 0 Babble 0 0 0   39.6

• HearPeers Heroes

Can't seem to format it. I'll leave it alone. Hopefully it makes a little sense

i believe the first set I posted was at 60dB Mary Beth

• HearPeers Heroes

Adam,

Your 93.3 AZBio S/N +5 score is way higher than the same test score in your chart (64%).  Was the 93.3 score from using the dual mics?

• HearPeers Heroes

They were at separate times

the chart was in Arizona 

i believe the other score was when I got the sonnets. It wasn't dated so I'm not 100% sure which was newer

i know one of the tests they put me through, they were testing the limits with both mics. Because I had been doing so well she had me take a test where she thought for sure I would score a zero speech in noise test. The SNR was so that I shouldn't have been able to distinguish the speaker from the other people talking. I think I scored 5 to 7%. Atone point, she came into the booth to check to see if all of the speakers were working.

that afternoon, the head honcho was there to look at some of my results. He said there was no way that could be accurate. Louise told him that she stood in the booth herself and all 10 speakers were working. Guess I was lucky.

anyhow, if you guys get the chance to participate in any type of CI study, I would jump on it. They are fun, very tiring, but fun. You also learn so much.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Adam Thanks for sharing results. Great scores. No wonder they want you back. Was the head honcho Michael Dorman? You mentioned Louise is that Dr. Louiselle from MED-EL? I know she got her PhD from ASU. I read some papers from Dorman, Louiselle, and Stohl, also from MED-EL,  about source sound localization and interaural differences. Perhaps includes your testing.

• HearPeers Heroes

Yes it was Michael. Yes 2for2

you are correct. We did a lot of localization testing in a number of different sound environments. We did the same the second trip as well. 

Actually the pic of me on my bio page here, is me sitting in a white room with numbered speakers. There were 12 speakers all either 10 or 15 degrees apart.  Close enough to make the test extremely tough. I sat in the center and had a key pad. From another room, Louise would send a sound ( varied in pitch and volume) to one of the speakers. I had to key in the number of the speaker I thought it came from. I got pretty frustrated with the test but she said she hadn't had anybody score higher. I learned so much. Constantly asking questions

have gone out to ASU on 2 occasions for research. I was part of the research for her thesis. She wanted to to see if 2 CIs are better than  1 and if so how and why?

the 2nd trip was studying the 3 programs and 2 mics in the sonnets in various listening situations again. Plus I wore them when I went out to eat, back to the hotel...I kept notes and had homework to complete as well