Question during surgery..

Julesrdh

During surgery Dr. tried to stimulate nerve but got nothing :( Has anyone experienced that and still had a good result when processor was attatched ? I We knew there was a chance it would not work but I'm still having hope ! [emoji846]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• HearPeers Heroes

Jules, I can't really say for sure. For me both hearing nerves were firing like they should. I would definitely follow up with your audiologist and get their opinion. They are usually in the OR when they test to see if all the electrodes are firing.

i am not a doctor but I don't think they would go through with the implantation if they didn't have some hope that things would work out. 

Touch base with your audiologist

Thanks Adam! I will def speak with her .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi @Julesrdh thanks for reaching out to the HearPeers community. I strongly recommend staying in close touch with your CI team regarding any medical questions or concerns. If you need any further support I can put you in touch with your local MED-EL Representative - let me know and I'll send their contact details through. Kind regards, Leigh