MONDAY - OMG

DianeH

Hi all. I am a newbie and my implant surgery is this Monday, the 10th. Excited and hopeful, but a nervous nellie. :) Thanks for all the info here. 

• HearPeers Heroes

Hi @DianeH!

So good to see you here!  Wishing you the best on Monday and look forward to following your journey!

• HearPeers Heroes

And here is a link about our next HearPeers GoogleMeet.  It has free automatic captions. Just follow this link and reply there if you want to join in.  We are a friendly, helpful group of Med-El CI users.

46 minutes ago, Mary Beth said:

Hi @DianeH!

So good to see you here!  Wishing you the best on Monday and look forward to following your journey!

• Members

@DianeH Welcome to the club!   I'm about 9 weeks post-activation and am glad that I had it done!  With the FDA approval for SSD a few years ago, there are a lot of us recent implantees going through the journey together. (Not sure if you are SSD or not.)

This community is a great resource, so much information and people willing to help each other out. 

See  you next month in the GoogleMeet!

• Like 2

Thank you Tim! What a helpful forum! Both ears are 95% loss. So hopefully my hearing aid will be synced well. I’m going to be patient and work hard. I ballroom dance so music is super important to me. See you soon. 

• Like 2

Welcome to HP @DianeH! All good wishes to you tomorrow! You’re embarking on an incredible journey. Looking forward to meeting you at our next GoogleMeet chat!

• HearPeers Heroes

@DianeH

Do you know your activation day?

Which CI Center do you go to?  I go to NYEE of Mount Sinai in NYC (5 hours away).

OMG - so far! Why??? Is the CI Center for activation or surgery? I am confused. Tomorrow I go to West Hartford Surgery Center.  I have an audiologist, Christine Huebner, that I will contact after surgery for activation date. I have only seen her once. She is in Hartford, CT 

Thanks so much!!! 

• HearPeers Heroes

@DianeH

At NYEE in NYC everything is under one roof.  CI surgeons, CI audiologists, vestibular therapy if needed, etc.

I chose NYEE as my CI center and have gone there for the entire qualifying, surgery, activation and subsequent appts.