Bonebridge Surgery

Bunny Kernot

Hi everyone on Heer Peers Forum,

I recently had Bonebridge Implant surgery on my left side for single sided deafness. Post op 1 week now and have noticed that my Left ear

is sticking out quite noticeably. I'm hoping that this is temporary. Has anyone else had issues with this post op?

Also still in fair bit of pain and taking Panadeine Forte, how long will this last for. I was hoping to go back to work next week but it 

doesn't look like I will at this stage.

Cheers Bunny

• HearPeers Heroes

Hi Bunny,

Wishing you the best.  I have CIs.  Maybe some other BoneBridge users will chime in soon.

I hope you heal fast.

• Like 1

• HearPeers Heroes

Hi Bunny! I have a CI.  But after surgery for me my ear stuck out for about a month. I believe @Ivana Marinac will be able to answer any questions for you. She is our Bonebridge Guru!! 

• Like 1

• HearPeers Heroes

Hi Bunny,

I am also a CI user.

After both my surgeries I had " Dumbo ears" for a while. After swelling came down, my ears got to their usual shape and place. Good luck on your path of recovery.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Kara of Canada said:

Hi Bunny! I have a CI.  But after surgery for me my ear stuck out for about a month. I believe @Ivana Marinac will be able to answer any questions for you. She is our Bonebridge Guru!! 

Thank you Kara, I would love to hear from Ivana then soon . Did your affected ear go back to normal after the month?

3 hours ago, Cara Mia said:

Hi Bunny,

I am also a CI user.

After both my surgeries I had " Dumbo ears" for a while. After swelling came down, my ears got to their usual shape and place. Good luck on your path of recovery.

Hi Cara Mia,

Nice to meet you here on the Forum. So glad to hear that your ears went back to their normal appearance. I

do feel a bit like " Dumbo" at the moment, hehee. I'm only 1 week post op but still have a lot of pain, I thought I would be

back to normal by now but looks like it's going to take longer to recover. ?

9 hours ago, Mary Beth said:

Hi Bunny,

Wishing you the best.  I have CIs.  Maybe some other BoneBridge users will chime in soon.

I hope you heal fast.

Thanks Mary Beth,

Nice to meet you here. I'm 1 week post op but still quite sore.

Cheers Bunny

• HearPeers Heroes
23 hours ago, Bunny Kernot said:

Thank you Kara, I would love to hear from Ivana then soon . Did your affected ear go back to normal after the month?

Yes it did. I mean it is slightly raised but not in the "Dumbo" sense! 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • HearPeers Heroes

So sorry gang - for my delayed answer. :(

Bunny, I have answered your PM.

Were you offered a CI also? Or just Bonebridge?

where are you from?