standfast999

Greetings to all.

4 days ago I came down with Tinnutis in my left ear. I felt extremely overwhelmed by the sound and led to a panic attack.  I read online that prednisone tinnitus steroid if taken in 48 hours may help with the recurring nature of Tinnitus.

I visited ENT doc who cleaned the wax from my ears and did a hearing test.  No other info was given except that I need a MRI  to "rule things out".  I am assuming is Acoustic neuroma.  I finished the prednisone tinnitus steroid  today.  It seems that that the Tinnitus goes away ever other day.    I am over 55 and have ADHD.   

I had  a scuba incident 30 years ago and my right ear never felt right after that.  this was confirmed in 2005 by a doctor exam - who decided not to do anything,  I have not notice my hearing loss.  I used to listen to ear buds and the last year - noise canceling headphones.  I have extreme stress and anxiety. I am transitionally homeless for 8 years. I struggle to keep focus on jobs and my relationships are damaged as well.   I heard anxiety may be a cause and xanax  may lower the sound level.

• HearPeers Heroes

Hi standfast,

It sounds like you have a lot on your plate right now.  Please continue with your appointments with your ENT to see what is causing your difficulties.  I wish you the best and keep us posted.