Any remedies or advice appreciated!

DianeH

Hello again. It’s been a week since my implant surgery and I’m having pretty rough headaches and surgery site pain behind my ear.  Also I’m having sharp pains IN my ear. No vertigo or dizziness- YAY!!! I know and have been told by my doctor and my discharge instructions that this pain is normal. Pain meds aren’t really helpful (tried 2)  and I’ve been icing which feels good. I’ve had many surgeries before; cancer twice and never complained - ever. I feel differently this time and need to “buck up”. I’m so excited about activation May 1, and hoping pain subsides soon. It’s wearing me out and making me sad. I truly am a positive Pollyanna warrior most of the time so I’m frustrated with myself. I know- PATIENCE!!! Any helpful hints regarding this is appreciated. Thanks so much in advance! Diane

• HearPeers Heroes

@DianeH

I am sorry your recovery from surgery is painful.  Have you contacted your CI surgeon about the ear pain?

Sometimes fluid from surgery can pool behind our eardrum.

Definitely advocate for yourself with your surgeon.  You know your body best.

The only suggestion I have is to rest and to sleep with your head propped up or in a recliner.

Thanks so much. I saw him on Thursday and he said all looks good but I really didn’t discuss pain too much. My bad… I’ll try sleeping sitting up again. Was tough so I changed to side sleeping after 5 days. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • HearPeers Heroes

@DianeH

Checking in to see how your recovery from surgery is going now.  I hope you feel better.

How nice of you and many thanks! Yes, I am in great shape with very little discomfort at all as I am back to dancing the night away. My activation is Monday and I am very excited. Attached is a T-shirt and mouse pad that my friend sent me. LOL! I will definitely wear this Monday. Thanks again!

m.jpeg

t.jpeg

• Like 2