Med-el or Oticon ??

Gray

Hi guys, 

I've been reading your posts for a while now. I have a question i would like to ask and i'd be really pleased if you could give me some insider info.

We have an 11 month old baby girl who has bilateral sensorineural hearing loss since birth. We are having CI surgery in 3 weeks. We are between Med-el and Oticon for our baby. Each of them has slight advantages but nothing really jumps out.

I don't know if the site is sponsored by Med-el but i don't think i saw any thorough discussion about another implant company. So i would like to know if there are any Oticon CI users out there and are they happy with Neuro 1? I also would really love some comparison between these two.

Thanks in advance..

• HearPeers Heroes

Welcome @Gray 

This site is a MED EL users forum. Since I participate in fthe comunity  I have not found users of other brands here. It's true that someone comment something sometimes, but users that participate actively are not in the forum.

Did you try to find an Oticom forum? It's the best way to exchange reviews and experiences with users that wear a CI of this brand.

If you need MED EL opiniions of real CI of the brand, here you will find users From different parts of the world. I'm one of them.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Valentin Hearpeers is a forum for everybody. Yes it is mainly MED-EL users but all are welcome to participate and ask questions.

• HearPeers Heroes

I know @hadron. For this reason I did the comment.

As you comment, in the forum we are mainly MED EL implanted users and Gray are looking for opinions of two brands. Probably he don't get answers of Oticon here and not  because we can not give them. It is not logic and we can not give opinions about something we don't know how it work "as user". For this reason I did my previous comment. Here, all people are welcome. I'm sorry if my comment was understood in other way.

• Like 2

• HearPeers Heroes

@Gray

I reccommend you, read this interesting post at MED EL blog.  https://blog.medel.com/10-questions-you-shouldnt-miss-asking-your-cochlear-implant-surgeon/

I believe it's a "Must to read before to be implanted" and know options in the market.

I would have liked to have had this information before surgery. Fortunatelly I was implanted with MED EL.