Bilateral Rondos

jjberryman

I have bilateral Rondos....love them.  I have had one for almost 4 years and the second one 2.  First time my scalp has ever been sore.  I haven't changed anything but I did use the slickers recently to swim.......has anyone ever had a problem with redness and soreness where implants are?  I have had to take mine off everyday this week because they hurt so bad.  I am really concerned and will see a doctor in the morning.....I just don't know what I did differently.  Really concerned about the water wear????  Is it possible that I was given the wrong battery for Rondos in order to use the slickers????  Please let me hear from you if you have had a similar problem!   Thanks

• HearPeers Heroes

I am sorry to read this.  I set the magnet strength in the Rondos for the weakest magnet that keeps the Rondo on my head and transmits good sound.  On my Concert implant side that is a 3 circle magnet and when I use the waterwear it works with the same magnet.  On my Synchrony implant side that is a 3 triangle magnet and when I use the waterwear I swap that magnet out for a 4 triangle strength.

I am glad you are going to see your CI team.  Redness and discomfort at the implant site is very important to address right away.

Some people have used moleskin between their Rondos and their scalp.  It gives extra cushion to them and changes the magnet pull.  Discuss your options with your team.

I hope you feel more comfortable soon.

10 hours ago, jjberryman said:

I have bilateral Rondos....love them.  I have had one for almost 4 years and the second one 2.  First time my scalp has ever been sore.  I haven't changed anything but I did use the slickers recently to swim.......has anyone ever had a problem with redness and soreness where implants are?  I have had to take mine off everyday this week because they hurt so bad.  I am really concerned and will see a doctor in the morning.....I just don't know what I did differently.  Really concerned about the water wear????  Is it possible that I was given the wrong battery for Rondos in order to use the slickers????  Please let me hear from you if you have had a similar problem!   Thanks

Hi, thanks for reaching out to the HearPeers community and I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing this. I am unable to offer medical advice, however I would strongly recommend getting in touch with your local MED-EL Representative for assistance and also to speak with a medical professional. I have sent you a private message to share their contact details. Kind regards,

Leigh - HearPeers Community Manager

• HearPeers Heroes

Hello,

I doubt that Waterwear could initiate this kind of problem - I would strongly bet on a magnet. Try to change it.

Also, is there a chance that you have worn it longer than usually?

WSecond important question is - where did you swim? Possibly some kind of reaction from a water?

BR,

Ivana

• HearPeers Heroes

I was told to be wary of too strong a magnet - the result being irritation to the scalp.

Every one has their own requirements. I use magnet size 3 triangles on my rondo and sonnet. whenever I change from one to the other.

• 1 month later...
On 6/8/2017 at 10:10 AM, leighf said:

Hi, thanks for reaching out to the HearPeers community and I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing this. I am unable to offer medical advice, however I would strongly recommend getting in touch with your local MED-EL Representative for assistance and also to speak with a medical professional. I have sent you a private message to share their contact details. Kind regards,

Leigh - HearPeers Community Manager

I have had soreness before but mine was due to the magnet was too strong once they lowered the strength its been fine. I have the Sonata implants I also just wear my rechargeable batteries with my waterwear.