CI in the future

georgewes

I am an old hearing aid user in both ears.    But now the hearing in one ear is completely gone since an infection.   So now I have hearing in only one hear and it isn't much so I try to lip read as best I can.   I have been told that a cochlear implant will help me so I am now preparing for that in the near future.   I am sure my struggles are something that most of you can relate to.    I have many questions about a CI that I plan on posting on this forum.

• HearPeers Heroes

Welcome George Wes. We will answer as many questions as we can. Yes we ALL have hearing struggles. That's why we're here for eachother as we all need someone to listen. I have a single Implant and have hearing loss on both ear. I wear a Sonnet processor and I love it! It has made my life much easier in the hearng world. I can listen to music and hear conversations again. I am able to talk on the phone again which I couldn't do with my hearing aids. So best of luck! And keep us posted!! 

Kara?

• HearPeers Heroes

Welcome George!