audio stream with Sonnet & audiolink

Loris

Hello Everyone,

From time to to time I "Peer" in this forum and find it highly informative, entertaining and amazed at the fantastic people involved that tirelessly offer their assistance. Kudos to you all.

I am bi-lateral currently wearing Sonnet (L) and Sonnet2 (R) and use the Artone neckloop with Finetuner echo remote. So far, so GREAT.

I am considering to purchase audiostreams for both processors to possibly eliminate the Artone neckloop and fine tuner echo remote for simplicity. Perhaps only use Audiokey2 app on mobile phone.

From what I comprehend so far from various sources:

1)  Audiostream with Sonnet 2 is a simple configuration (I assume).

2)  Audiostream with Sonnet requires audiolink ... slightly more complex configuration.

Here is the query... Must I always wear/carry audiolink for Sonnet to work with audiostream, or is it just for initial setup? My intention is to have less devices to carry...in other words, simply both sonnets audiosteam and cellphone.

Whew... I hope this is somewhat comprehensible. Anyone's insight would be greatly appreciated.

Onwards and upwards

Loris Simeoni

• HearPeers Heroes

@Loris

Sonnet 1 can connect to the AudioKey2 app directly for the initial configuration of AudioStream.  There after AudioStream does not need to use AudioKey2 for streaming.  It uses AudioKey2 for the initial configuration and for firmware updates.  So far there has only been one firmware update for AudioStream so that is not a frequent event.

Sonnet 1 needs to go through AudioLink if you wish to use the AudioKey2 app as your remote.  It can not communicate with AudioKey2 as a remote directly.

Sonnet 2 can do all things directly with the AudioKey2 app and never needs to use the AudioLink to connect to that app.

Thank you wonderful Mary Beth for your prompt response.

Does Sonnet 1 work with Audiostream without Audiolink if I do not use Audiokey 2 app?

In other words, audiostream detects when phone is ringing, then prompts the user to accept the call and begins conversation. Is audio link still required for streaming directly from phone to Sonnet1/audiostream combo without audiolink?

Lastly, do I need to speak close to the phone mic or can I place phone in pocket while audiostreaming (similar to artone)?

Thanks in advance

• HearPeers Heroes

@Loris

Sonnet 1 and Sonnet 2 both do not need AudioLink at all to use AudioStream.  My AudioLink was in the closet and I set up and used AudioStream with my Sonnet 1 processors.

AudioStream sends all audio from the phone to the Sonnets.  All audio…, phone ringing, phone call conversation, music, videos, audiobooks, podcasts….. (and none of this ever requires AudioLink).

We have to accept the call on the phone.  We need to speak into the phone so others hear us.  We need to end the call on the phone.

Artone lets us accept the call, picks up our voice for the other person, put the call on hold, change the volume and hang up all hands free without needing to ever actually touch the phone.  AudioStream can not do that.

Artone works fine for me with the phone in my pocket whether I am indoors or outside.  AudioStream worked fine for me with the phone in my pocket inside but did not work that way while outside.  Its range is more limited than the Artone.

But AudioStream has terrific audio quality and for bilateral users it has separate left/right audio for music/movies that use that feature.  The Artone sounds the same in both left and right processors as it uses a blended audio signal.

Thank you for this info 

This certainly encourages me to purchase 2 audiostreams. I was initially hesitant for the audiostream with Sonnet1

• HearPeers Heroes

AudioStream with Sonnet 1 performs the same as it does with Sonnet 2.  Enjoy!