Introduce Myself

pjandcompany

Hello,

I am a sixty year old who has used Bi-Cros hearing aid user for the last 35 years.  I have otosclerosis in both ears and had a stapedectomy followed by post op labrynthitis due to improper post op instructions, I have been profoundly deaf in my right ear ever since.  My left ear has been gradually declining and I am now at the point where my bi-cros system is maxed out.  I do not qualify for  the BAHA due to the mixed loss and have almost finished candidacy testing for CI.  I have a few more tests, but just waiting to meet with surgeon to get his input on brand of CI he recommends.  He does implant all three companies.  Looking forward to this journey!

Pjandcompany

• HearPeers Heroes

Welcome pj!  I just responded to your other post.

Which part of the US are you in?  I am in the northeast corner of New York State near the Canadian and Vermont border.

Hi Mary Beth,

I live in Louisiana!  Quite a distance!  Thankful I found this site :).

Blessings!

• HearPeers Heroes

Welcome to the group PJ!!

I was implanted October 2016 and it's been a wonderful, wild ride ? I remember being in your spot - so ask all the questions you need to.

Good luck on your journey!!

• HearPeers Heroes

Hi and welcome! PJ.