Moisture and sweat problems!

Sakin

Hi Everybody,

Unfortunately, sonnet 2 is very vulnerable to sweat and moisture.  Especially the coil and cable fail very quickly.  In the summer, I can hardly use the device.  What precautions do you take to protect it from sweat and humidity, apart from putting it in the drying container every evening?

I wonder if a ear gear cover may help. Wouldn't hurt to try. That must be extremely frustrating.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Sakin

Are you using a DL-coil or a D-coil with your Sonnet2?

The DL-coil design seems to be better with moisture and the cables are lasting much longer than the OPUS2 cables did for me.

EarGear covers can protect the BTE processor section.  I suppose you could put the coil in a Rondo eargear cover but it would be very loose fitting.

Thanks for  your suggestions, I will try. Yes Mary, I am using DL-coil.  You're right, the cable is more durable than that of the opus.  However, where I live is by the sea and it is quite hot.  So I inevitably sweat a lot, that's the problem.  So I need to protect it from sweat and moisture.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Sakin

I have seen various decorations or reinforcements for CI cables online but none of them are water protection.

If I see something, I will post

These seem appropriate for Sonnet 2.  Any comments from friends on the forum are welcome.IMG_1707.thumb.jpeg.14465d6d4a5acc44ad3c8a075af8c472.jpegIMG_1708.thumb.jpeg.c6bfc7565378cdb9a963f25d3870e39a.jpeg

• HearPeers Heroes

@Sakin

Some people like the BTE eargear covers for Sonnets and others find those covers make the Sonnet too bulky to fit comfortably behind their ears

• 1 month later...

I've been using Ear Gear sleeves for about a month now. It protects 100% from sweat and humidity, and also reduces wind noise. I got rid of the stress due to the worry of failure, and the repair or change fee. I can use the device whenever and wherever I want. I recommend it to those who have sweat and moisture problems.