Rondo implants

Eric

Hi,guys I wanted to ask you guys about the Rondo implant,can you guys describe to me what it sounds like? Thanks alot

• HearPeers Heroes

Hi Eric,

Well that is a trickier question that you may imagine.  Smile.

CI processors will sound odd at first after activation, and may not even sound like speech at all at first.  With aural rehab, time and MAPpings by our audiologists things improve.

Are you scheduled for CI surgery?

• HearPeers Heroes

The Rondo is the external unit.  there is Sonnet as well. It is the BTE. Rondo it the single piece unit  I don't have one  I have a Sonnet. I love it. Rondo O'Neil has one mic and uses older technology. Sonnet is the newest tech and has two mics. I'm not the tech guru. You have to talk to @Mary Beth or @hadron   They are more tech savvy!! Best of luck!!! Kara   

• HearPeers Heroes

I used the Rondo exclusively and love the savings of "real estate" on my ear for eyeglasses and sunglasses. What I dislike is the use of 3 batteries :wacko:

I also have the Sonnet which I wanted as a backup when I placed my order with my AuD.

But since the rechargeable batteries finally arrived for me - I switched to the Sonnet exclusively. I just have learned to share my ear space for the Sonnet, and eyeglasses. I now also have the 2 microphones activated and use Automatic Sound Management features

• HearPeers Heroes

It is difficult to explain. The hearing with implant is different from the real one. Requires time to adjust to it. Each processor is different and each person too. As technology advance, we will be more similar to the natural voice with which we were born.