I am a 65 year old Veterinarian who will be getting a CI in my left side on Sept. 5.  I also have a HA for my right ear.  I am considering the Sonnet.  I am considering Med El because of their claim that it can withstand an MRI of 3.0T.  Has anyone had this experience.  Also does anyone have an experience with using Stethoscopes that are compatible with their CI.  Thanks ahead of time for any info and I am excited for what the future holds. 

• HearPeers Heroes

Welcome and wishing you the best.  We have had topics on here about stethoscopes with CIs.  Let me tag @Ivana Marinac because I bet she recalls the stethoscope that was recommended.

I do have friends with Med El who have had 3.0 MRIs.  Fortunately I have not needed an MRI since being implanted.  I have an internal Concert implant on one side and an internal Synchrony implant on one side so I am limited to 1.5 MRI due to the Concert.

• Like 1

• HearPeers Heroes

Welcome to Hearpeers!! The journey is amazing!! 

• HearPeers Heroes

Welcome to the group Dr. J! Best wishes on your journey ?

Hi, thank you for reaching out to the HearPeers community. You might be interested in checking out this story from Sarah, who is a  MED-EL cochlear implant recipient. Sarah needs MRIs regularly for her cancer treatment and check-ups: https://blog.medel.com/sarahs-story-strength-resilience-and-positivity/ Additionally, we've got this animation that clearly explains MRI safety and our CIs: 

• HearPeers Heroes
On 2017-8-9 at 5:58 PM, Mary Beth said:

I knew you would remember the stethoscope @Ivana Marinac!  Smile

Yes, yes, yes.... I have interacted in an conversation with a Polish student who returned a positive feedback on using The One stethoscope on my suggestion. I am not sure for a BT connection but wired version is recommended by the manufacturer and its reliability has been tested.

I use it with Samba however, but all in all - it's same content, although different package.

I recommend this company - they were willing to do with me as a client regarding all my questions and askings. 

P.S.: However, an hearing implant - its outer unit has to be adapted in a way that specially programmed map is made for listening heart sounds or murmurs because, as we know, it's out of reach of usual frequency range for an average user.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi old Man, I am implanted with Med-El on my right side since February of 2016 and use only Rondo's seeing they were not giving a second choice for free. Oh well who gives a shit! I am down to 15 percent of hearing so this implant was a wonderful experience for me. But please don't think your world will improve without your hard work learning HD audio into your brain! (VERY important thing seeings All your habit's of presuming what others say will now hurt you) persumption that all if we have lived with for so long to cover our unablity to hear is now habit you can no longer use! It's tough but if you can open your mind to this wonderful new ablity you will be so very happy. Good Luck with the balance of your life.