New here

refoster723

Hello!

I just became a new CI candidate. I have already decided to go with Med-el, but have to wait until I do a seminar with my doctor and everybody else. Hopefully, it will be scheduled soon. After the seminar I'll be able to do the CT scan and schedule the surgery. I have been deaf since I was a baby, and was able to wear hearing aids for a long time. However, the last five years what's left of my hearing is declining. I am excited and nervous at the same time about the whole process of CI. I did my research on each company and I feel that Med-el will fit my needs the best. :-)

• HearPeers Heroes

Welcome to Hearpeers! Glad to meet you! Looks like your well on your way! Best of luck,  Kara 

• Like 1

• HearPeers Heroes

Welcome!  Feel free to ask any questions you may have along the way.

• Like 2

• HearPeers Heroes

Welcome to the group! The CI journey is exciting as it is unique ? Ask all the questions you need and best wishes!

• Like 2

Thank you! I finally got a date for the seminar that I have to go through before anything else. I'm excited, but it not until close to end of October. I'm happy that it I at least have a date. :-)

Good Luck Bud, I was installed on my right ear Feb of 2015 and use the RONDO unit and a HA in my left ear, So show patience with your progress please. it may take some time for you to for you to enjoy all you are receiving as a new user. One very important fact to you is make sure your Audiologist is experienced and trained with Med-El units. That fact along will help you beyond all other factors of your success.

Thanks again

Pat

• Like 1

• HearPeers Heroes

Terrific.  Which CI center are you using?  I use New York Eye & Ear in NYC, a 5 hour drive from our home.

• Like 1

P.S. Not sure why I am still listed as a Newbie but the Information I just posted to you is 100% Correct for my experience's to today so Good Luck.

• HearPeers Heroes

@ept5777

Pat, Maybe your newbie status is related to your screen name?  Were you using a different screen name here before?

Not that I know of Mary Beth but no big deal to me either way, I am just happy to be a MedEl user and I value all information I read often.

• HearPeers Heroes

Seems like your 20th post turned you from newbie to regular contributor .  Funny timing.

@ept5777

I'm using the Arizona Hearing Center in Phoenix. It is about an hour and half drive from where I live. They do all three brands, and I am waiting until Oct 26th to how much experiences they have with Med-el. I like the center so far, but do need more information which is what the seminar is for. If I feel satisfied with them, then I will be able to proceed and do the rest of the CI process.

I pretty much did all the research on my own, looked at all three, read scholarly journals about CI and electrodes and all that stuff. I like what Med-el offers and see that they have an excellent understanding of CI. All three brands are good, but Med-el definitely match up to what I want and need.