Low pitched with high volume sounds

Valentin

• HearPeers Heroes

Is I said in subject, Sometimes I have a low pitched sith high volumen sounds with my CI. mainly at evening / night. This isn't tinnitus (at least I don't listen the typical continious sound of it). This force me to reduce volume in finetuner.

Do you have this experience too? Do you know what this happen?

• HearPeers Heroes

Valentin, I can think only about two things.... When it happens to you, can you say that you are tired? I noticed, when I am really tired or have not enough sleep, everything starts sounding very very loud and rasp. Another thing, what's  about humidity? I believe it should be quite humid at your place. Can it happen that at the end of the day moisture affects your processor perfomance?

• HearPeers Heroes

I use Rondo @Mary Beth

@Cara Mia I'm not specially tired when this happen.

Humidity ¿ :huh: ? I didn't think about it but, inclusive with good weather? I use dryer daily.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Valentin, I am puzzled by this. Is there any chance that your Rondo is on the MT setting instead of M setting?  If so, it could be picking up electromagnetic interference (EMI) which happens with telecoils.  If not, does it happen to you always in the same location?

My Rondos always sound the same to me.  All day, every day.  It's one of the things I like about the Rondos.  It has consistent sound effortlessly.  The Sonnets need to have their mic covers changed regularly to keep a consistent sound.  For me, this means every two months.  Oddly enough, the Sonnets also sound different to me when using disposable batteries compared to rechargeable batteries.  That doesn't make any sense to me at all but many people have commented that the exact same thing happens to them with their Sonnets.

Is your Rondo still under warranty?  You may want to have it checked out.  Maybe something is wrong with it.

• HearPeers Heroes

Mary Beth,

I'm sure I'm using M mode. I never use MT ot T mode yet. Howeber all morning when I get up and begin to use Rondo, I select actual channel program,  reset volumes and sensibility, and some times a week push M button. I wear finetuner in a pocket, so I avoid any change made without I notice it.

I will have new mapping next month and I will comment it to my audi. Some times I need turn off Rondo or reduce volumes and sensibility to avoid discomfort.

Uhh, I hope Rondo have good health.At this moment I'm waiting news from MED EL. Last July, Doctors tried to do a MRI and it was not possible. We talked with MED EL last month, and they comment to us this is not possible. They are investigating which was the problem with the hospital and I'm waiting their phone call.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Valentin  Keep us posted.  Something must be causing your problem with loudness that happens from time to time.  Maybe a new MAP will help.  I hope you get things resolved about the MRI problem too.

Sending you best wishes.

• HearPeers Heroes

Valentin,

I believe that part of Canary Islands have a subtropical humid climate when the level of humidity is elevated in general even during the dry seasons.

This made me think that if you live in the area with a humid climate, your processor can accumulate too much moisture by the end of the day. Keeping your processor in the dryer overnight helps to have a good quality sound in the morning and during the day. But the closer the night, the more accumulation you get which can affect the performance of your processor. Perhaps, some additional time in the dryer in the middle of the day can help with the issue. Like if your processor need some siesta time in late afternoon :)

Good luck with your nest mapping Hope your riddle will be resolved and fixed.