Surgery Tomorrow

dnagy

Hi everyone, 

I was offered a cochlear implant back in October, but my didn't have MedEl CIs at the time. When they received CIs in April, I had to cancel the surgery, because I caught covid.

Now the day has come, and I will receive a FLEXSOFT electrode array tomorrow morning if everything goes well.

• Like 2

• HearPeers Heroes

Wishing you the best!  Keep us posted.  Will you get  a Rondo 3 or Sonnet 2 processor?

I plan to get a Sonnet 2, because I think it's easier to put it under a ski helmet than the rondo

@dnagy Hope your surgery goes well! I just had mine last Wednesday. Congratulations on moving forward. Good things to come :)

Surgery went very well.

I walked to the operating room by myself. They let me use my hearing aid in the good ear until I fell asleep, an d they put it back in before I woke up, so I could communicate with the doctors all the time. 

After I woke up, I had a 6 hour nausea session, which was unpleasant but not terrible. I had absolutely no dizziness or loss of taste or any other side effects. First night was good too, I could sleep well. I have a little pain when I turn my head, but manageable.

Today I walked to another building for an X-ray scan, otherwise I'm resting. They'll release me on friday, if everything goes well, and activation is in 2 weeks.