Waiting for activation

Jane

I just thought I'd post an update ..6more days until activation..surgeon says I'm healing fine ..my incision is still pretty tender but ear numbness decreased and occasional shooting pains and fullness in ear decreased ..I'm not working since I had to stop due to my hearing loss I'm still amazed (jealous) of those people who can  go back to work after a few weeks after surgery I'm even having a hard time going to the store with my decreased hearing since I'm only hearing out of one ear (which is severe hearing loss) that's where I see the patience is important while waiting activation and I'm not rushing back to working out (even though surgeon says it's fine ) cause my head is still pretty tender and I want to know this CI will work ok at activation..I'm excited and a little nervous ..my expectations aren't too high cause my hearings so impaired now anything will be an improvement!just wondering how everyone dealt with this waiting time !

Jane

• HearPeers Heroes

Hi Jane!  The waiting time between surgery and activation felt like forever!  I am glad your activation is almost here.  After being activated, there was so much to do with aural rehab and getting into a routine with the equipment, etc.  

Hang in there.  

• HearPeers Heroes

Same here! Seemed like forever. I relied on lip reading and not communication with strangers while waiting for activation. At the store I minded my own business and just smiled I looked at the screen at the cash and just paid when ready. Always had my husband with me too. Then it was so amazing once activated I had to tell everyone to whisper! So best of luck! 

Thank u..Wow telling people to whisper !!

i did go with my husband to the store this weekend but he's hardly any help since I can't hear him very well ?Plus he has a beard so lip reading him his hard but I don't want him to shave it off?

So im just doing the best I can and after about 3 or 4 tries I get the general idea what cashiers are saying ☺️Luckily they've all been patient and I know I'm on my way to hearing better ..

im just grateful I'm feeling better less discomfort ..most of the feeling back in my ear ..sleeping better

• HearPeers Heroes

Yes! Glad to hear you are feeling better. You will have your work cut out for you when your activated.