Audiolink turns off processors after connecting.

Addi

After I get my streaming all set up and working with my phone, it shuts everything down after a minute.. I can open the battery case and close it, and then it comes back on again, but then a minute later the processor is off again. Has this happened to anybody?  

• HearPeers Heroes

@Addi

Does this happen when you are using disposable implant batteries too or only with your rechargeable batteries?

Sadly, I have misplaced my rechargeable battery adaptors. So I don’t know the answer to that question. 

• HearPeers Heroes

@Addi

Are you using Power One Implant disposable batteries?  I had a lot of problems with my Sonnets when using ZeniPower implant batteries.

15 hours ago, Addi said:

After I get my streaming all set up and working with my phone, it shuts everything down after a minute.. I can open the battery case and close it, and then it comes back on again, but then a minute later the processor is off again. Has this happened to anybody?  

Hiya! What phone are you using and are you cabled or streaming to sonnet2 with audiostream?

Ok, sometimes when i have streaming set up to both a sonnet2 and an ha, when i open spotify, one side cuts off and i have to finagle until it all works.  Cell phone will interrupt sometimes but my processor does not turn off. Any time i have had any processor off and on i change the batteries just in case. 

I have once switched batteries and put old ones back in by mistake. 😃 

On a really bad cellphone day or memory (mine) ive had to turn everything off, disconnect and start over.

If i had processor power issues on a second set of fresh batteries i would contact my rep./customer service.

I am using an iPhone and it has worked for me until just a few days ago. Again, the audiolink works on one ear and then the processor on th either each just turns off after about a minute of successful streaming. 

• HearPeers Heroes

@Addi

a few suggestions… 

clean the battery contacts per Med-El’s YouTube video

re sync both Sonnets to your AudioLink 

• HearPeers Heroes

@Addi

since you are in the US you can also sign up for a 1:1 tech help session with a Med-El audiologist.  Follow the link and register for a time slot.  

https://web.cvent.com/event/9f87401e-5bd8-4868-9e78-1fbba262e086/regProcessStep1

Thanks for the advice. I will do those things. I’m curious as to why you think it’s a battery issue since if I use the processor without the audio link it works just fine. It is just when I try and stream. 

• HearPeers Heroes

@Addi

I believe it uses more battery power when using the AudioLink than when not streaming so I just wondered about batteries.

I believe I did read a report of another Sonnet user experiencing the same issue with the AudioLink in another forum.  I do not believe his issue was resolved but I may be recalling that incorrectly.  Definitely Med-El tech support should be able to guide you.

Did u contact the company or your audiologist for help with your phone?