T (telecoil) with looped theaters for live instrumental music

Mary Beth

• HearPeers Heroes

Yesterday I attended a live concert at a looped theater.  I have been to this theater before for comedy shows and enjoyed their loop with my processors on T.  This time the concert was a live 15 piece jazz band (Lincoln Center Jazz Ensemble).  I switched to T during the spoken introductions and the loop was working well.  When the band started performing, I felt like something was missing even though each member of the band was positioned with an individual mic on stage.  So I switched back to M.  Wow, what an improvement.  The instrumental sound was much fuller and richer in tones.

Have other people noticed that loop systems do not provide the full instrumental sound quality?

• HearPeers Heroes

@Joan, I tried their loop but prefer the way it sounded on M.  Have you used T at an instrumental concert and liked it?

@Karen T Do you notice this too or since there is a choir do you prefer staying on T?

I stay in MT until there is one speaker  and then I switch to T.  Staying in MT allows me to hear the voices of

everyone in the congregation and the music which are not looped.  The choir members do sing into mikes for the loop.  When someone is reading or speaking for some time, I switch to T.  I found that staying in MT for an individual speaker was too loud, hearing the voice through the loudspeaker system as well as through the loop.  It took me a few Sundays to figure that out.