Noise while walking

Anthony Canada

I have what sounds like a wind noise that happens when I'm walking including inside buildings. I was hoping a strong AI setting with adaptative wind block would stop it from happening. Today was my week one update and they gave me more programs but none of the programs improved the noise. Does anyone else have an issue like this and was it just when you were a new user or did they change a setting to make it go away?

• Thanks 1

It's common to hear artifacts as a new user, if the strong AI hasn't been helpful, then it's more likely some sound that the brain can't quite decipher yet. It should get better over time. One week is still extremely early, it's a journey, not a sprint.

• Thanks 1

Adjusting to MAPs takes time. Your brain will have adapted by your next appointment. If it doesn’t resolve on its own by then, definitely mention it to your audiologist as something you don’t like and they can adjust at that time. 

Main takeaway is to give each MAP and your brain a chance to adapt. Takes patience and time, but it will happen. :)

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Lauren said:

Adjusting to MAPs takes time. Your brain will have adapted by your next appointment. If it doesn’t resolve on its own by then, definitely mention it to your audiologist as something you don’t like and they can adjust at that time. 

Main takeaway is to give each MAP and your brain a chance to adapt. Takes patience and time, but it will happen. :)

Yes this is so truth and this is why mapping is so important for our ears and sounds, I agree with you 💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯,thank you for encouraging words 

I use the outer part of waterwear covers to block the wind noise. I remove it each night to charge but they last a few months and only solution I have found.

• Like 1