The Deaf beekeeping engineering student who loves adventure!

John Schulz

What better way to start than with a meme?!?

(see attachment)

I was stung twice at the first hive inspection I attended and I am now on the Bee-Board for the RIT Beekeeping Club as R&D! That's why I am wearing a bee costume in my profile picture 😆.

I am a 2nd year Computer Engineering Technology student at RIT from Milwaukee, Wisconsin. I've had Cochlear Implants for nearly all my life. I got my left side implanted at ~1 years old then my other side at ~6 years old. I then had my left side re-implanted in summer of 2020. Presently, I have the Sonnet 2 external processors on both ears.

My hobbies include biking (preferably mountain biking) on my Blue fade Trek Marlin 8 Gen 2, coding (computer programming), beekeeping, rock climbing, general engineering tinkering, and did I mention coding?

My PC specs in case you were wondering... AMD R7 5800x, ASRock B450 ProM4, 96GB DDR4 3200MTps CL16, Intel A770 LE, 500GB WD Blue SATA SSD, 2x 4TB SP NVMe 4.0 SSDs in RAID 1, EVGA 600B PSU, and a white Corsair case running TrueNAS Scale.

I look forward to interacting with fellow CI users, audiologists, and Med-El employees here on HearPeers!

qh5u7-2200561582.jpg

• Members

Welcome @John Schulz!

Great to have another engineer in our community and I enjoyed our Zoom this morning. 

The Med-El employees are generally lurking rather than posting much but they can be tagged using (at)Moderator when appropriate.  Seems to work pretty well to keep the conversations going well.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 7/31/2023 at 3:12 PM, John Schulz said:

What better way to start than with a meme?!?

(see attachment)

I was stung twice at the first hive inspection I attended and I am now on the Bee-Board for the RIT Beekeeping Club as R&D! That's why I am wearing a bee costume in my profile picture 😆.

I am a 2nd year Computer Engineering Technology student at RIT from Milwaukee, Wisconsin. I've had Cochlear Implants for nearly all my life. I got my left side implanted at ~1 years old then my other side at ~6 years old. I then had my left side re-implanted in summer of 2020. Presently, I have the Sonnet 2 external processors on both ears.

My hobbies include biking (preferably mountain biking) on my Blue fade Trek Marlin 8 Gen 2, coding (computer programming), beekeeping, rock climbing, general engineering tinkering, and did I mention coding?

My PC specs in case you were wondering... AMD R7 5800x, ASRock B450 ProM4, 96GB DDR4 3200MTps CL16, Intel A770 LE, 500GB WD Blue SATA SSD, 2x 4TB SP NVMe 4.0 SSDs in RAID 1, EVGA 600B PSU, and a white Corsair case running TrueNAS Scale.

I look forward to interacting with fellow CI users, audiologists, and Med-El employees here on HearPeers!

qh5u7-2200561582.jpg

Hi John, 

Nice to meet you! I am also a student and have had cochlear implants for nearly all my life. I am 21 right now, but I was implanted right one at 5 and left at 8. I am a senior graduating early at California State University East Bay. It's so cool to find someone else similar to me. 

• Like 3