Sonnet 2 + PC/MacBook

DeafGhost

Hello folks! I have Sonnet 2 and I use Audiostream. It looks like you won't be able to connect to your MacBook. So what can I buy? I would be grateful if you could recommend something other than AudioLink (it's expensive + I don't like the way it connects. It's definitely not worth the money)

• HearPeers Heroes

A good pair of around the ear BT headphones.  I like BOSE QC35.

thanks im looking for any ways to connect Sonnet2 directly with MacBook. I have cheaper one JBL headphones and they works perfectly fine, but nothing will beat music directly in Sonnet

No.  Just iPhones/iPads far as Apple products and you need AudioStream or AudioLink.  macOS doesn’t support CIs directly for the time being.  You could try Rogers system but not all versed about them and they’re much more pricier than AudioLink.

• HearPeers Heroes

My Artone works fine with computers.  But we need to be in MT or T.  It’s not the best audio for music in my opinion.  I prefer it for speech.

@DeafGhost there currently exists no way to Bluetooth stream audio from any laptop directly to the AudioStreams. It is possible in theory thanks to ASHA being an open protocol but no one, not even the companies, has a working example. I did try messing with it (https://github.com/stefnotch/asha-rt) but stopped since I

1. Don't have AudioStream sleeves which meant relying on others to test. This is too slow.
  2. Nearly libraries for Bluetooth only support the RFCOMM protocol while the required protocol for ASHA is L2CAP. This requires native system Bluetooth API programming which I am not skilled enough to understand well or implement.
  3. Am a college student with other responsibilities to tend to.

However, the ASHA property structs serve as a good foundation for anyone interested in experimenting. If I receive enough motivation and a set of AudioStreams, I'll consider working on ASHA-RT over winter break.

Hi, do you have a ASHA's file which will work on Windows 10/11?

1 hour ago, John Schulz said:

@DeafGhost there currently exists no way to Bluetooth stream audio from any laptop directly to the AudioStreams. It is possible in theory thanks to ASHA being an open protocol but no one, not even the companies, has a working example. I did try messing with it (https://github.com/stefnotch/asha-rt) but stopped since I

1. Don't have AudioStream sleeves which meant relying on others to test. This is too slow.
  2. Nearly libraries for Bluetooth only support the RFCOMM protocol while the required protocol for ASHA is L2CAP. This requires native system Bluetooth API programming which I am not skilled enough to understand well or implement.
  3. Am a college student with other responsibilities to tend to.

However, the ASHA property structs serve as a good foundation for anyone interested in experimenting. If I receive enough motivation and a set of AudioStreams, I'll consider working on ASHA-RT over winter break.

5 minutes ago, CochlearBetterThanMedel said:

Hi, do you have a ASHA's file which will work on Windows 10/11?

Do you know C++?