Audiostream Failure

Ricky W

Has anyone had an Audiostream that completely stopped working and will no longer pair to any device? My right one had crackling poping noise every other day and today just stopped connecting.
Med-el had me clean the contacts and that seem to work to pair it one time and then it stopped.
There sending me a new one hopefully that's all it is.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Ricky W

Yes users have reported needing to have AudioStreams replaced under warranty because they stopped working or they cracked

I just swapped it out with my backup Audiostream and it works great. Wonder what's causes these devices to fail mine was only 9 months old.

8 hours ago, Ricky W said:

Has anyone had an Audiostream that completely stopped working and will no longer pair to any device? My right one had crackling poping noise every other day and today just stopped connecting.
Med-el had me clean the contacts and that seem to work to pair it one time and then it stopped.
There sending me a new one hopefully that's all it is.

Thanks Ricky for your input and taking the trouble to write about this!

This has been my experience  on and off since I started using Audiostreams over the last couple of years, although less frequent over the last twelve months. As it happens my right audiostream has also completely quit now and. I am contacting my audiologist ( we are in Germany now for a couple of years).

I have been trouble shooting for the last ten days and have decided its time say Adios! 

Med El  Engineers are aware of the problem.

Good Luck! 

Had mine I think 2 years, it hasn’t break yet but it would stop working after a while in which I would have to forget it (iPhone) and pair it again. 

• 2 months later...

Just had my audiostream replaced 2 months ago already failing again. Med-el is sending me a replacement this will be my third one in a year. Has anyone else had this issue?

• HearPeers Heroes

@Ricky W

yes several people have commented on having AudioStream replaced several times under warranty 

13 hours ago, Ricky W said:

Just had my audiostream replaced 2 months ago already failing again. Med-el is sending me a replacement this will be my third one in a year. Has anyone else had this issue?

Third in a year, interesting!!

• Members

My first Audiostream failed and was replaced at about month 9 with about 50% use (alternating S2/Audiostream with my Rondo 3).  Second has been running fine for a month.  Fingers crossed this one lasts.