Another one bites the dust

Lauren

Sorry been listening to Queen lately. 

Today my left Rondo 3 despite being fully charged and not dropped or put into contact with any sort of liquid just up and stopped working for a period between 1-2 hours. It’s on now and seems to be working but worried it could happen again at any time. 

In my panic I accidentally emailed my old audiologist who did my HAs for 20-25 years instead of my CI audiologist. Joyce vs Jess, could happen to anyone. After getting the right person we’re in the process of requesting a replacement left Rondo 3 which has already been replaced once just prior to my surprise bilateral surgery. 

When it comes to the Rondo 3 it’s a very simple device so there’s not really anything to diagnose when something goes wrong so if anything does go wrong, don’t wait. Just reach out to either Med-El or your CI clinic to get the replacement, preferably under warranty, ball rolling. First time I did it through Med-El, this time due to it being Friday I thought it best to try my clinic. 

Anyone have this happen? I really just took the processor off for a short break and not five minutes later the processor would not turn on at all. Tested it on a charger and it would charge up but not turn on until 1-2 hours later. 

I did what few checks I could and only had to re-pair the left processor to the AudioLink for eventual TV streaming. 

The 1-2 hour the processor was down wasn’t a total loss. My Sonnet 2s are my situational processors and. I always have them with me so I just switched to them no problem. Very thankful to have backup processor(s) for incidents like today’s. 

• HearPeers Heroes

I'm glad it can be replaced easily under warranty.

But not a nice surprise! Makes me realise that I'd be stuck for a while if mine broke, I only have the 1 processor.

• HearPeers Heroes

It is VERY helpful to start off with a backup processor.  Those of us at two processor clinics in the US are very fortunate.

Upgrading to a newer processor, if allowed to keep the older processor, will provide a backup for many other users.

Finalizing paperwork and getting my MAPs to Med-El US HQ and now just waiting for the replacement to arrive.