Höreinstellung

Michi

Hallo, ich bin vor ca. 10 Monaten aktiviert worden, Rondo3 rechts. Jetzt habe ich die Omni-einstellung. Nach jeden neuen einstellen höre/verstehe ich gut. Nach ein paar Tagen höre/verstehe ich wieder schlechter, obwohl ich die Lautstärke schon in der höchsten Einstellung ist. Ich kann doch nicht alle paar Tage zu meinen Audiologen um es umzustellen!!! Weiss jemand einen Rat/Tip. Langsam bin ich am verzweifeln. Lg Michi 

Hi Michi 

Just my two cents from my own experience. I have gone to my audiologist and gotten a change and in the quiet office it would sound fine then out in the real world it wouldn’t sound as good. Sometimes it would just mean I’d have to adjust to the new settings, other times I’d know I would have to go back and get something changed. I was quite the “frequent flier” at that office for a while. Once a change only lasted 24 hours before I was back having my audiologist change it back. That was due to physical discomfort though. 

If you aren’t experiencing discomfort maybe try exposing yourself to sounds to help your brain adjust, especially if you haven’t used Omni before or it’s been a while. If there is discomfort or if you can’t function do get back to your audiologist ASAP. At the very least keep note of what you’re experiencing so you can explain to your audiologist. The better the explanation, the better your audiologist can help. That’s been a struggle for me, describing what I’m hearing to my audiologist. 

My last big MAP change was in June. Clarity was wonderful in the quiet clinic office but out in the real world I temporarily lost the ability to understand face to face conversation. It was really hard work getting my brain to adjust. 

Hope things improve for you soon. 

• Members

From Google Translate: 
Hello, I was activated about 10 months ago, Rondo3 on the right. Now I have the Omni setting. After each new setting I hear/understand well. After a few days I'm hearing/understanding worse again, even though I have the volume at the highest setting. I can't go to my audiologist every few days to change it!!! Does anyone know any advice/tips? I'm slowly getting desperate. Greetings Michi

Probably not the same issue as @Michibut this is all I can think of.  A little similar to @Lauren, my assessment in the Audi's office can be misleading.

The only thing that I can think of is that as an SSD person, I try the CI in the Audi office at my last appointment after a MAP but she didn't put me in the booth for a test with the new map. Just talking together with the CI on. In the quiet clinic and with my good ear helping - it sounds great.  I don't really get to test the new MAP until I try streaming directly to the CI at home afterwards.  Streaming highlighted immediately I was not doing nearly as well as I had thought in the clinic when my good ear can carry the weight. 

Lesson learned, I should try a really quick streaming test before leaving the Audi's office with a new MAP since there usually doesn't seem to be time to do a booth test with the new MAP. 

1 hour ago, Lauren said:

Hallo Michi 

Nur meine Meinung aus eigener Erfahrung. Ich bin zu meinem Audiologen gegangen und habe ein Wechselgeld bekommen, und im ruhigen Büro würde es gut klingen, aber draußen in der realen Welt würde es nicht so gut klingen. Manchmal bedeutete es einfach, dass ich mich an die neuen Einstellungen anpassen musste, manchmal wusste ich, dass ich zurückgehen und etwas ändern musste. Ich war eine Zeit lang ein ziemlicher „Vielflieger“ in diesem Büro. Einmal dauerte eine Änderung nur 24 Stunden, bevor ich sie wieder von meinem Audiologen ändern ließ. Das lag allerdings an körperlichen Beschwerden. 

Wenn Sie keine Beschwerden verspüren, versuchen Sie vielleicht, sich Geräuschen auszusetzen, um Ihrem Gehirn bei der Anpassung zu helfen, insbesondere wenn Sie Omni noch nie zuvor verwendet haben oder es schon eine Weile her ist. Wenn Sie Beschwerden verspüren oder Ihre Funktionsfähigkeit beeinträchtigt ist, wenden Sie sich umgehend an Ihren Audiologen. Notieren Sie sich zumindest, was Sie erleben, damit Sie es Ihrem Audiologen erklären können. Je besser die Erklärung, desto besser kann Ihr Audiologe helfen. Es war für mich schwierig, meinem Audiologen zu beschreiben, was ich höre. 

Meine letzte große MAP-Änderung war im Juni. Die Klarheit war in der ruhigen Praxis der Klinik wunderbar, aber draußen in der realen Welt verlor ich vorübergehend die Fähigkeit, Gespräche von Angesicht zu Angesicht zu verstehen. Es war wirklich harte Arbeit, mein Gehirn dazu zu bringen, sich anzupassen. 

Ich hoffe, dass sich die Dinge für Sie bald verbessern. 

Okay, danke