Activation

miltonedale

Hi everyone at peers forum,

I had activation November 24 all is well with electronics and everything is working. I can understand speech but sounds are a bit tinnie and echo, but the audiologist said that would clear up in a few days. I came home and could hear the clocks ticking, which I have not heard in years. When I walk the dog I can hear the cars coming down the street/road. I go back in one week for more programming. 

I got the synchrony implant  and sonnet audio processor and I turn 81 in January, pretty good birthday gift :)  

• HearPeers Heroes

Happy early birthday gift to you @miltonedale!  That is a fabulous start.  And yes, everything will sound much better in time.  It just takes our brains some time to sort it all out.  Super start!

This week I had my 1st week appointment after activation.  I am hearing more each day.  This week I was able to hear the birds sing.

• Like 2

• HearPeers Heroes

@miltonedale

How wonderful!  Aren’t bird songs sooo cool?!  I found a TedTalk about birdsongs and listened to that in absolute amazement at how some birds can imitate even mechanical sounds.  If I find the link I will post it for you.

You are doing so great!  I am happy for you.