Sonnet standard rechargeable battery life

Mary Beth

• HearPeers Heroes

I am curious about how long your Sonnet standard rechargeable batteries last in hours of use between charges.

Standard rechargeable batteries in the Sonnets start at 10.5 hours for me but then drop off from there rather regularly.  They are now lasting a little less than 9 hours.  I do not use the Roger System (which would lessen the hours).

How many hours are you getting or do you just stay with disposable batteries in your Sonnets?

@Megan L.

@Cara Mia

@Karen T

@suzcohen

@hadron

@Adam

@KittKatz

just tagging some Sonnet users.  Would love to hear from anyone using Sonnets though.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mary Beth

I get 10 hours my standard and about 7 hours on the micro rechargeables. Mine are a year old. I haven’t used disposable batteries in a while...

How old are your rechargeables? 

• HearPeers Heroes

My standard batteries live between 10- 9 hours, micros works for 5-7 hours. I cannot explain why there is some difference from day to day. I don't use anything like Roger system or FM. I am use the same program / sensitivity setting... the same charging schedule. So, each day is pretty the same with the different results.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Megan L. and @Cara Mia

My rechargeable batteries have been replaced due to the drop off in hours, so this set is probably only about 6 months old.

Neither of you are noticing a gradual decline in battery life over the course of several months?

@Mary BethMy son does not use the rechargeable batteries regularly as they don't make it through his school day using the Roger system, so we don't have any intel on battery degradation.

• HearPeers Heroes

@suzcohen

Does your son use Roger 21 receivers or Roger X receivers?  Does he like them?  Does he use Roger any times other than school?

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mary Beth

I think I originally got 11 hours out of my rechargeables but I haven’t been experiencing significant drops every few months like you seem to be. That’s odd...maybe there’s a batch of defective batteries and the sets you received are part of that batch. When did you get your rechargeables?

• HearPeers Heroes

There was a drop in my batteries performance in about 2-3 months from the time I started using them. But after that, their performance is quite stable.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mary Beth

You’re welcome! I hope you get it sorted out and a set of rechargeables that actually hold the charge instead of rapidly declining

Have used the std. rechargeable batteries for about 10 months now. I get about 8 - 9 hours use. Have not noticed any degrading since they were new.

I just got the Roger 21 receiver a week ago, and now the battery life has dropped slightly but I believe I still get around 7 or 8 hours. Would probably be worse with extensive use of the Roger pen, time will show.

• HearPeers Heroes

Thank you @Helgeo!

Are you enjoying the Roger 21?  In which situations are you finding it useful?

• HearPeers Heroes

Never noticed a significant difference when using rechargeables.

54 minutes ago, Mary Beth said:

Are you enjoying the Roger 21?  In which situations are you finding it useful?

Have not used it very much yet but tried it in a noisy restaurant last night together with a group of people. It makes it much easier to hear individual people when pointing the Roger pen at them, placing the pen flat in the center of the table did not really help much compared to using only the CI. 

However there is a big issue with the Roger 21: my own voice is muted so much that it feels un-natural and probably makes me speak very loud. This issue seems to be worse when there is a lot of background noise. Does anyone else have this issue?

• HearPeers Heroes

@Helgeo

The Roger Pen no longer works as an omni mic on a table if the background noise reaches 70 dB, which would be true in noisy restaurants.  The Roger Touchscreen Mic works on a table in noisy restaurants.  You can read lots of info on that in our topic on Roger in the ALD section.

What you are experiencing with the volume of your own voice when using Roger can be fixed by having your audiologist adjust the easy gain of the Roger 21 receivers down.  This can be done via either the Roger Inspiro or Roger Touchscreen.  Either of those transmitters can set the easy gain for your Roger 21 receivers.  Then your receivers will keep that setting when you use your Roger Pen.  You can get a more balanced volume level this way.

I will try to tag you in the topic full of info and links about Roger.

• HearPeers Heroes

I still get 10.5-11 hours at one year. I do keep my disposables in my purse with the battery frame just in case I forget or rush out of the house. Saved me a few times. 

On 11/30/2017 at 9:28 AM, Mary Beth said:

@suzcohen

Does your son use Roger 21 receivers or Roger X receivers?  Does he like them?  Does he use Roger any times other than school?

@Mary Beth  He used to use the Roger X receivers, but he received the Roger 21 receivers recently and loves how sleek they are.  He also upgraded to the Roger Touchscreen in school and reports that speech is much clearer with the new combined Touchscreen/Roger 21 receiver system.  He loves it.  He has not used the Roger system outside of school with any regularity.  He just got a Roger Pen so is starting to try it outside of the classroom and will hopefully find situations where it is helpful soon.

• HearPeers Heroes

That Roger Touchscreen Mic is fantastic!  A big step above the other Roger mics in my opinion.

Thanks for sharing @suzcohen!