General maintenance of processors and ALDs

Jdashiell

• HearPeers Heroes

1. Am I doing this correctly?

2. What do you do to maintain all your “stuff “?

i am bilaterally implanted and have on my dresser top :

a power strip

recharger for Sonnet batteries 4

two dry stor UV to dry Sonnets

power block for Roger pen

iPhone charger

iPad charger

Quatro charger

so all I do every evening is dry sonnets and recharge batteries. Should I be doing more?

• HearPeers Heroes

@Jdashiell

We sure do need a lot of techie stuff now don’t we?!  Smile.

At night, I also place each Sonnet in its own dry kit (after removing the rechargeable batteries).  I have both dry kits plugged in.

I rotate through 6 standard rechargeable batteries between my two Sonnets and use 4 of those 6 batteries each day.  So at night I have those 4 standard rechargeable batteries to charge and they fit in one Sonnet rechargeable battery charger.  The 2 fully charged batteries remain in the rechargeable battery wallet and will be used the following morning.  This way all 6 batteries get equal use.  So I have one of my two Sonnet rechargeable battery chargers plugged in and the other one in my travel case.

That is my nightly routine.

Every 2 months I change the Sonnet mic covers.  If I wait for 3 months, I notice a decline in sound quality- especially for soft high frequency sounds.

I use an Artone 3 MAX BlueTooth neckloop so that gets charged nightly too.  I also use the fabulous BOSE QC35 BlueTooth headphones so that gets charged as well.

We do need a lot of outlets!  Smile.

Someone mentioned a fabulous three drawer organizer from the Container Store and I keep all of my spare parts in there.  It is a wonderful way to keep things organized and safe.

You must be getting excited to find out your surgery date.  

• HearPeers Heroes
1 hour ago, Mary Beth said:

@Jdashiell

We sure do need a lot of techie stuff now don’t we?!  Smile.

At night, I also place each Sonnet in its own dry kit (after removing the rechargeable batteries).  I have both dry kits plugged in.

I rotate through 6 standard rechargeable batteries between my two Sonnets and use 4 of those 6 batteries each day.  So at night I have those 4 standard rechargeable batteries to charge and they fit in one Sonnet rechargeable battery charger.  The 2 fully charged batteries remain in the rechargeable battery wallet and will be used the following morning.  This way all 6 batteries get equal use.  So I have one of my two Sonnet rechargeable battery chargers plugged in and the other one in my travel case.

Yep my nightly routine as well

• HearPeers Heroes

In addition I wipe external parts of my CIs and the dryer all around with alcohol. I do it a coupe times per week. And of course, the mold is cleaned with water and soap dayly.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Cara Mia

Do you clean the battery contacts that way too?  If so, how often do you do that?

• HearPeers Heroes

Yes, I clean the battery contact. But I do it rather occasionally than regularly.