Artone Mic Terrific remote mic that works with BT neckloop

Mary Beth

• HearPeers Heroes

I recently had the opportunity to test out the new Artone Mic.  It’s a fabulous remote mic that works with BT neckloops like the Artone 3 MAX.  The Artone Mic costs about $100.  You need to use a BT neckloop and be on MT or T to use this remote mic.

Excellent sound and tiny, tiny size.

• HearPeers Heroes

Two things stand out to me with the Artone Mic.  First, its size!  I still can not believe how tiny and light this remote mic is.  It can be clipped onto anyone, no matter how young.  It sounds great whether it is clipped vertically or horizontally so we have lots of attachment options.  Second, its sound quality!  Terrific sound quality.  Speech is very clear.

The Artone Mic works inside our home even when on different levels. It does not need line of sight.  

The Artone Mic has a volume/sensitivity control so we can adjust both volume and the size of the sound bubble by increasing or decreasing that control.  We can also adjust volume on the Artone 3 MAX neckloop as well.  These volume options enable us to set the balance we want between the remote mic sound and our CI processor/HA mics when on MT setting.  We can emphasize the signal from the Artone Mic, emphasize the signal from our CI processor/HA mics or equally balance the signals between them.  We may also choose to hear solely from the Artone Mic by using our T setting.  These balancing settings are quick and easy to change so we can alter them depending on our listening needs in different situations.  Wonderful options for balancing and choosing sound levels!

The Artone Mic will be helpful in many situations including.....

-listening to people in the back of the car while driving

-listening to friends while biking, jogging, etc.

-listening to people in noisy places (clip onto one speaker or set on the table for small      groups)

-listening to a presenter at a lecture or at church

-listening to young children (It is so small and light even young children can wear it.)

-listening at an outdoor presentation, wedding, etc

-listening to small groups of people at clubs, conferences, meetings, etc

Since the Artone Mic uses telecoil, its impact on battery life is much less than other remote mic systems.  Both the Artone Mic and the Artone 3 MAX BlueTooth neckloop may be purchased directly from Artone (see link below) or from online vendors like Amazon. 

Links:

Artone-  

http://www.artonecs.com

My Artone 3 MAX BlueTooth neckloop review-  

https://blog.medel.com/review-of-the-artone-3-max-bluetooth-neckloop/

* The Artone Mic may work with other BT neckloops as well.  I tested it with the Artone 3 MAX BT neckloop.

Reminder:  Telecoils may encounter electromagnetic interference (EMI) that sounds like buzzing in certain situations (buses, trains, planes, close to microwave ovens/dryers, close to strong wiring in walls, etc).

Reviewed by Mary Beth Napoli on December 4, 2017.  Bilateral Med-El cochlear implant user and Teacher of the Deaf.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • HearPeers Heroes

Yes brand new and they also have a new device dedicated just for TVs.

• HearPeers Heroes

Wow new things popping up all the time. I can’t keep up! 

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mary Beth

I was wondering. At the hall where I worship, I can make out most of what the speakers on the platform say but I have no idea what the people in the audience are saying when though they are using a microphone and I'm sitting directly below a speaker in the ceiling. If I have a CI will I be able to make out such comments made by the audience without having to look at them or am I going to get something like this Artone in order to hear the audience? Sounds like I will always have to be travelling with a lot of gadgets. 

• HearPeers Heroes

@Jewel

I wish I had a magic ball and could see into the future for you.  Smile.  We just do not know how we will hear with our CI until we have the surgery, get activated, do aural rehab, go to MAPping appointments and give our brains time to sort this all out.

I have attended large venues and understood everything that was said.  I have also attended large venues and had trouble understanding everything that was said.  A lot depends on the sound system and the clarity of the speaker’s voice.

I test out a lot of tech because I am a Teacher of the Deaf and I need to know the many options my students have for difficult listening situations they face.  In my personal life, I do not use much tech.  I hear on my cell phone by holding it up to my processor mic.  I hear the TV fine without anything extra.  I love the BOSE QC35 BT headphones for streaming while wearing Sonnets.  I love the CozyPhone wired headband speakers while wearing my Rondos.

The only extra tech I use is the Artone 3 MAX BT neckloop for streaming from my iPad and that is tiny and light and can be worn under a shirt easily.

One option you will have at your church, to help you hear the other members who seem to be speaking into a handheld mic, is to attach the Artone Mic to that handheld mic and wear the Artone 3 MAX neckloop under your top....set your CI processor on MT.  You will be able to set the volume up or down via that neckloop.

You will have other tech options too.  But the Artone Mic and Artone 3 MAX neckloop are small and light and easy to bring with you.

I am not sure if what I just said helps you or not.  I am just trying to show you that my everyday life with CIs is quite uncomplicated.  I put them on in the morning and just hear all day.  I do not even carry the remote (Fine Tuner) with me unless I am going to a show or a very noisy place.  They just feel like a part of me now.  (I do always carry extra batteries!  Smile.)

• HearPeers Heroes

Your fulsome response has put me at ease @Mary Beth. Thanks ?. I realise that everyone's experience with CIs is different. I am hoping it will help me significantly. That's a good suggestion regarding putting the Artone mic on a roving microphone. They actually have two roving microphones for the audience. So I am wondering whether an Artone mic could be placed on each of these roving mics. But if they are on, won't I only be able to hear what noises are passed through those mics and nothing else? 

By the way, I have a magic ball..... It's God's word the Bible. A scripture that is very dear to me is Isaiah 35:5 where it says in part that "the eyes of the blind will be opened and the ears of the deaf will be unstopped." I eagerly await the time when I can throw away my glasses and all my hearing assistive devices! Until then I will make do with my CI ?. 

I personally find my hearing aid uncomfortable to wear. In fact I don't wear it most times. I am hoping that the CI will be comfortable to wear and that I will see marked improvement so that I'm motivated to keep it on my head ?. I hope they don't give me the EAS since my low frequency hearing is normal as I don't like to wear things inside my ear. 

• HearPeers Heroes

This set up works with only one Artone Mic.  Roger set up works with multiple mics.

Staying on MT allows you to hear both from your processor mic as well as from the Artone Mic.