Intro and question~ a NY HOH mom seeking Medicaid help for son

Rettaboo

Not sure if anyone else on here is from NY....

My son has bilateral mild hearing loss and needs HA

My regular insurance doesn’t cover, I got him a Child health plus Medicaid plan (empire BCBS) and I’m having the hardest time finding a provider that accepts his plan. I cannot afford to pay out of pocket.

Insurance gave me a list of docs in a 30 mike radius and they were not Pediatric (he’s only 3.5) or didn’t accept his plan.

We just moved this fall from MA and Mass Health was all set to cover his HA 100%

Any resources or suggestions are appreciated.

I myself have moderate/severe hearing loss so but it happened later in my life, I’m trying to be an advocate for him

So far he’s got Great speech and language but I don’t want him getting frustrated or falling behind due to his hearing.

• HearPeers Heroes

I am not sure where in NY state you are located, but check out The Hearing Center in Glens Falls if that is not too far from you.

https://www.glensfallshospital.org/services/talk-us/hearing-center

Also contact your local school district and ask to be put in contact with the committee on preschool special education coordinator.

good luck.

I am not sure where in NY state you are located, but check out The Hearing Center in Glens Falls if that is not too far from you.

https://www.glensfallshospital.org/services/talk-us/hearing-center

Also contact your local school district and ask to be put in contact with the committee on preschool special education coordinator.

good luck.

That’s pretty far, I will look into the school district, thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk