Happy 2018

Mary Beth

• HearPeers Heroes

I wish everyone a peaceful, healthy, happy New Year full of listening WOW moments!

• Like 2

• HearPeers Heroes

Thank you, Mary Beth for your warm wishes and your wise you shared with us on these pages. Happy and peaceful holydays with a lot of enjoyable conversations and effortless listening!

Happy New Year to all my hearpeers, too!

• Like 3

• HearPeers Heroes

Hello Gang - wishing you also pleasant and mindfully spent holidays as well as lots of good and interesting subjects as well as topics in our mutual discussion.

So, happy new season of light as well as - darkness... But as we know, if we would not have a dark sky - who will see stars..? :);):wub::wub:

• Like 2

• HearPeers Heroes

@Ivana Marinac

WOW Sissel Kyrkjebø’s voice is amazing!  I loved the horn solo too.  I wonder if that is a cornet?  It has such a mellow tone.

thanks for sharing!

• HearPeers Heroes

Yes - it's a cornet... ;)

I adore Sissel's voice since the moment I have heard of the fact that she sang the vocal during the closing credit's part (not Celine Dion). :wub:

• HearPeers Heroes
1 minute ago, Mary Beth said:

@Ivana Marinac

in the movie, Titanic?

Yes - I missed the most important fact of my sentence... :D

This is, kinda, remix - 

• HearPeers Heroes

@Ivana Marinac

about the mellow tone of the cornet..........isn’t it just amazing that my long standing “dead” ear can notice a mellow brass tone quality?!  It stills blows my mind!

Since it has been over 2.5 years already, I think I may just ALWAYS be amazed at the hearing these CIs give me.  And in a way, I am glad that I continue to be awed by these CIs.  They are a wonder every morning when I go from hearing absolutely nothing at all to hearing everything all around me.  I love them!

• Like 2

• HearPeers Heroes

A few days ago I have heard that it passed exactly 20 years of its first appearance and I still remember that I was sitting in the fourth row (all other tickets were sold) and I thought I was on the boat when it started sinking.... :lol::lol::rolleyes:

• HearPeers Heroes
10 minutes ago, Mary Beth said:

@Ivana Marinac

about the mellow tone of the cornet..........isn’t it just amazing that my long standing “dead” ear can notice a mellow brass tone quality?!  It stills blows my mind!

Since it has been over 2.5 years already, I think I may just ALWAYS be amazed at the hearing these CIs give me.  And in a way, I am glad that I continue to be awed by these CIs.  They are a wonder every morning when I go from hearing absolutely nothing at all to hearing everything all around me.  I love them!

Extremely... When I usually read that people have difficulties differing two totally opposite instruments and now I read your comments about "mellow brass" tone quality - my thoughts jumped: really? :huh:  I have never paid enough attention to this detail. Funny how I find myself on certain occasions when I take my hearing for granted not thinking how this effort could be pretty tremendous for my fellows with sensorineural HL. :rolleyes:

This guides me up to the point when I think how important is to be persistent during the rehabilitation time.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Ivana Marinac

The voices of musical instruments is sooo much fun to rediscover.

lets see.....so far some key moments have been....

identifying tenor sax instead of alto sax

identifying muted trumpet when family thought it was clarinet

identifying drum kits being played with brushes instead of drumsticks

Just amazing!