AudioLink

Jodi

Just a quick question on AudioLink….
This device will shut down after not being used for 5 minutes.  Is there a way to keep it on till you are ready to turn it off yourself?    Hope someone can help.  Thanks

• HearPeers Heroes

If you have it being powered by USB it will not shut off after 5 mins of no use.  Possibly a portable power bank can help?

On 11/6/2023 at 4:17 PM, Mary Beth said:

If you have it bring powered by USB it will not shut off after 5 mins of no use.  Possibly a portable power bank can help?

Thanks Mary Beth.  John is going through some testing and he needs to be at his best. I’ll try that beforehand and see if it works. Thanks again.  How are you doing, Mary Beth??  Hope all is good

Mary Beth, a huge thank you for your advice. The power bank is the answer and we are so grateful.  On another note have you heard any news on resolving the ticking while using telecoil on Rondo 3?? It’s 2.5 years and no word yet.   Using artone 3 would be so helpful.  Thanks and have a great weekend.. Diane & John 

• HearPeers Heroes

@Jodi

You are welcome.

It seems Med-El’s solution to the ticking issue when the telecoil adapter is attached to Rondo 3 remains to put Rondo 3 into flight mode.  It’s inconvenient and to be honest I do not know many Rondo 3 users who are willing to deal with that hassle.  So they opt for connectivity solutions which do not require telecoil instead.

AudioLink

flat speaker headphones like CozyPhones (wired) or CozyBand (Bluetooth)

mini battery pack which attaches by thin cable to Rondo 3 plugged into a headphone jack with a red Med-El audio cable (mixes 90/10) or a yellow Med-El audio cable (mixes 50/50)

mini battery pack which attaches by thin cable to Rondo 3 with a Roger X receiver plugged into it used along with a Roger transmitter

I used a battery pak I had which is a little cumbersome, but works. Mini battery pak would be good but again more money.  Flight mode is a  challenging solution which we could not master.  I hope next processor resolves this for everyone. We love Rondo 3 except for telecoil issues and audiolink issues. Otherwise it’s been great. 

• HearPeers Heroes

@Jodi

mini battery pack is the name of a specific Med-El item which actually can be used with various processors after also purchasing their specific mini battery cable (different than the USB cable for charging)

Sometimes people can find the mini battery pack in groups with users who received it as part of their kits when they got Rondo 1 years ago.

Then just the specific Rondo 3 cable for the mini battery pack is needed.

I will tag you where it was recently discussed