Greetings from Chile 🇨🇱

Hortensia

Hello! My name is Hortensia and I’m 32 years old and I’m from Santa Cruz, Chile 🇨🇱. I had normal hearing until I had an almost fatal car crash accident (2017)… the moment I  had to start a new life since I lost my hearing in my left ear with some other things to do with a lot of rehab. I tried to get used to live being a ‘one sided hearing person’ during 5 years but to be honest, there were a lot of things and moments I felt excluded, or got really frustrated because of ‘my limits’ with my hearing loss… after a lot of thinking and researching on these cochlear implants, I decided to have the surgery but feeling very excited and expecting so much from then forward. I have to reckon that my life started to get so much better, to feel different, to be more happy and connected with the current moment. I appreciated much more the simple things of life, feeling absolutely lucky to have had the opportunity to be implanted. I wear rondo 3 and it’s so pleasant to have it because it’s also very comfortable and discreet. This CI really gave me the joy of life back!

• Members

Great to meet you @Hortensia and have another fellow SSD person - our numbers are growing. 

When did you get activated?  I got implanted & activated in January and am continuing to be putting in the effort on rehab.  We SSD wearers need to keep our good ear from doing all the work. 

Delighted to hear that things are going well for you too.