Zooming with Sonnet 2: Instructions?

Joel

I have a Google pixel 3 phone that accepts bluetooth with my Artone Max 3 ... and also bluetooth to my PC laptop.

My question is, which bluetooth connection goes to which device so I'm able to hear the audio from my PC/Zoom into my Sonnet 2?

I think I could use a step by step instruction.

Thanks,

Joel

• HearPeers Heroes

Sonnet 2 BT connection options to PC for Zoom or any other audio from the PC

1) Artone 3 MAX BT connected to PC and selected as headphone with Sonnet 2 on MT

2) Any around the ear headphones like BOSE QC35 with the BT headphones connected to the PC and selected as headphone with Sonnet 2 staying on M setting (no change)

3) AudioLink cabled via dock to PC and placed in front of you and nearby with Sonnet 2 paired to the AudioLink

• HearPeers Heroes

@Joel

Any hearing aid or cochlear implant processor with a telecoil can use the BT Artone neckloop.  Just connect the neckloop to the PC BT and put the hearing aid or cochlear implant processor on MT setting via the remote or remote app.  Very easy to do with Sonnet/Sonnet2.

Any behind the ear CI processor can use around the ear BT headphones like BOSE QC35 just by pairing the headphones with the PC and wearing the headphones with no changes to the CI processor.  Very easy to do with Sonnet/Sonnet2.

Both of these options use BT only between the PC and the neckloop or headphone.  Neither requires any BT function on the actual CI processor.

If you opt to use the AudioLink PLUGGED into the computer then you must pair the AudioLink to the Sonnet/Sonnet2.  This uses a special built in Med-El only type of 2.4 connectivity between AudioLink and the Sonnet/Sonnet2.

Mary Beth,

Thanks again for your help and patience. Little frustrating for me. I've got my Artone max connected to my PC but not getting audio. I think I'm stuck with the MT stuff. 

Also, what was the google pixel 3 recommended for?

And, are the Bose headphones blue-tooth enabled?

joel

I got it figured out and thanks.  

Now two questions left ... 

Also, what was the google pixel 3 recommended for?

And, are the Bose headphones blue-tooth enabled?

Thanks a million,

Joel

• HearPeers Heroes

@Joel

BOSE QC35 are BlueTooth around the ear headphones.  Since they were released (although you may be able to find some used ones for sale), BOSE came out with QC45 and just recently came out with even a newer version of QC.  They are BlueTooth and come with an optional cable to plug in if desired (helpful on flights when watching an airline supplied movie).

I am not sure who recommended the Google Pixel 3 phone you mentioned.

Sonnet/Sonnet2 also has a direct BlueTooth LE option when using the AudioStream battery cover (which has a built in BTLE receiver).  BUT that ONLY works for phones and tablets- not for PCs.  And it works with lots of different phones (both android and iPhone models).  They are listed on Med-El’s website.  But again this is ONLY for phone and tablet connectivity NOT PCs.

Mary Beth,

This is what confused me for bimodal streaming which made me think a pixel 3 was needed

Devices Suitable for Bimodal Streaming

For bimodal streaming, you simply need an Android smartphone with the Android 12 operating system or later, a hearing aid with ASHA (Audio Streaming for Hearing Aid) technology, and an AudioStream. The below lists include devices specifically tested and confirmed by MED-EL to be suitable for bimodal streaming. Other Android devices and hearing aids with the necessary technologies may also be suitable for bimodal streaming when using AudioStream.

Android

Google Pixel 7, Google Pixel 6, Google Pixel 5a, Google Pixel 5, Google Pixel 4a, Google Pixel 3a

thanks

joel

• HearPeers Heroes

@Joel

That is ONLY if you wish to stream from a phone or tablet to both a compatible hearing aid and a Sonnet/Sonnet2 processor using its AudioStream cover.  This does not apply to PCs.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Joel

Are you in the US?  If yes, I can provide links to video meetings that may help you understand your connectivity options better if you wish.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Joel

audiostream works with iPhone and android phones, as well as some other devices

Med-El updates this list so it changes over time

Here is a link

https://www.medel.com/en-us/hearing-solutions/accessories/connectivity/audiostream#compatibility

• Members

@Joel  The Pixel 3 is getting really long in the tooth (about 5 years old?). Might be a good opportunity get something newer. Doesn't need to be high end and the list from Med-El seems very conservative, slow to add current models to their own listing. 

For Pixel phones, the compatibility with ASHA and hearing aids seems to defer to Google's listing and everything from the Pixel 3 onwards seems to be compatible.

I have a Pixel 6a which works fine for me with my Audiostream. Personally I would feel confident in any new Google Pixel (7, 7a, 8, ...) phone working for my use.  On the other hand, as an SSD my tech needs might be a little rigorous - I don't do bimodal and have not used an Artone.

Not sure if this helps but I know we Pixel users are in the minority and vastly outnumbered by iphone users.