Earhook pin whoops

Lauren

Been meaning to do some TLC for my Sonnets today including finally replacing the EAS earhook after way too long procrastinating. 

Not being used to it at all I of course bent one of the pins. Even after watching the helpful YouTube video. The other gave no problem. Good news, today happens to be an audiologist appointment day and my audiologist has a spare pin for me. 

It sure didn’t take much to bend the one pin! Probably didn’t help that I am not yet used to it. 

Lol lauren, you have the worst luck!!! Was the pin broken or did you remove earmold? I lost my first earmold in october, replaced in november...the new one is much bigger and still getting used to it. I did think i could drop it, but sounds were definately different so i still wear it. Hows your new ear doing??

@Dianna no it wasn’t broken or anything. At least not til I broke it. 

I’d been badly procrastinating switching out the EAS earhook for the regular one (with the closed end) as I can’t use EAS. Because my audiologist orders the EAS version by default it came with nothing but EAS earhooks that attach to an earmold. Got the right ones a while ago but put it off until last week. 

Slipped the pins out no problem and when doing one I tried pushing it in but guess it was stuck on something and it bent clean in half. The other one went in no problem. My audiologist had spares and we got it in no problem. 

I do not miss wearing earmolds at all and find the regular earhooks quite comfortable to wear. 

• Like 2

Hows your new ear doing??

My right ear has surpassed my left. I got booth tested and was only tested on the tones and single words. 

Tones I got 85% overall. Single words right side 68%, left 60%. Also found out that I was struggling to hit 40%+ before ABF. After ABF dropped to 27% then climbed to 40% and now 60%+ both sides.

Didn’t get tested on sentences and my audiologist said they may be moving away from sentences because it’s too easy and the real indicator is single words. Lowest I ever got on sentences was 91% so that tracks. 

• Like 2

Pretty good. Face to face is always best, and I won’t do phone calls if I don’t have my AudioStreams. :)

Rest of it depends on the situation eg noise levels and such.

Still dizzy and encountering flareups here and there. I try to refrain from commenting on it as I don’t want to scare anyone worried about dizziness.

Happy I went bilateral and even though it’s a bumpy road wouldn’t change anything and would make the same decision again. 

• Like 3

• HearPeers Heroes

@Lauren

Sharing our true stories, both the WOW moments and also any difficulties, is important.  Thanks for your post.

Lmao lauren, sentences too easy?? Those sentences with that fake background noise? I am so proud of you and your journey, still working and sending kudos to you!!!!