Programming Help

Heather W

Hi guys, 

I’m headed back to my Audi next week on Wed 4/10 and finally got my settings from her. They look different than what you have posted. I have no idea if my upload will even work? I can’t figure out how to add it in like Tim did? Not an engineer 😂. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated! I’m still struggling with male voices and in settings with any kind of background noise, even mild noise. I’m still looking for ways to tweak my programming to improve my hearing performance.  
Heather

HW CI settings.xlsx

Well, apparently I am not an engineer or a computer expert!  Here is my best attempt to type in my settings on Sonnet2 and Rondo3 (which are the same)

Sonnet2 and Rondo3--FS4 V:100% is the Stimulation for all 3 programs

Program 1 Everyday has AI-Off; Mic Directionality Natural; ANR Mild; WNR Auto(mild); TNR Mild; Default Sensitivity 75%

Program2 Everyday2 has AI-On; Mic Directionality Auto; ANR Auto; WNR Auto (mild); TNR Auto; Default Sensitivity 75%

Program 3 Noise has AI Off; Mic Directionality Adaptive; ANR Mild; WNR Auto (mild); TNR Mild; Default Sensitivity 75%

The following notes are at the bottom for Program 1: FS4, 143-8500, Vol 100%, Ts=measured, ML=500, AGC 3:1, S=75%, Wind noise enabled, Adaptive Intelligence OFF, transient noise and ambient noise reduction set to mild

• Members

@Heather W I tried entering the data that you gave in my spreadsheet for you but I'm not an expert at all in the settings.

Some questions:

1. The " V:100%" doesn't make sense to me.  When I see it say " FS4 V: 90 (80-100)", I think this means the volume range goes from 80 to 100% when you adjust volume via Audiokey 2 but that it starts at 90% (the midpoint.)  When you say, 100%, that seems like it is starting the default at maximum volume.  If that is the case, then you can't turn up the volume at all in Audiokey 2 but you can turn it down. 
  2. On program 1, you turn AI-off, but then seem to have Windo noise reduction set to "Auto".  I thought the "Auto" settings are only an option when an AI program is on. I interpreted things to say that if AI is off, the only options for the noise reduction systems (Wind, Ambient, and Transient) are: Off, Mild, or Strong.
  3. On program 2, you said AI is "On" but I don't there is an "On" option.  It is "Off, Mild, or Strong"

I tried entering what I think that you said. 

image.png.cafb8c094ecf33865477141e150fc304.png

The Rondo 3 programs, 1-3 are what I think that you are saying.  (I called Wind noise reduction as mild? since it seems to also say auto.

I entered a 4th, Omni program in yellow since I know that Omni is popular with a lot of people and having the fancy processing options turned off.  Some people refer to this as a naked program since it essentially turn off a lot (all?) audio processing.  Also, it shows the starting volume of 75 so there is room to adjust volume both up and down.  It also shifts the range's minimum down to 70 since people in Hearpeers say that this seems to work better given that there is less sound filtering. 

For the sake of illustration, I left my default Sonnet 2 programs down below for comparison.   

As always, glad to get corrections if I'm misunderstanding any of the options.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Heather W

Based on your notes above, the program that would be best in noise in my opinion is program 3 which uses adaptive mic setting.  Position yourself so that noise is BEHIND you when possible.  Look in the direction of the person speaking.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Tim and @Heather W

My audiologist also sets the volume to 100% on my MAPs.  I can lower the volume by the remote/app but not increase the volume.  It works great.  I never need to adjust the volume at all.

I have another program set to a slightly louder volume in slot 4 if I find the need for it before my next appt.

My volume settings are much like Tim's. One thing that we changed at my last appointment was the maplaw. I'm not sure how many people use a setting other than 500 but we switched mine to 1000 and it really helps me understand the rise and fall of voice volumes.