Surgery day

Rob Gellner

Well. I’m sitting at home groggy.  The day started at 6 am wake up arrived at Sunnybrook  at 730 am and registered. 8 am taken in to preposition and got the most pai full part of the day done.  My pic line for IV. It hurt the first time bit it didn’t work so she had to do it again. Second time worked.  In surgery walked in and layer on table the hooked up I V and it was lights out.  Woke up 2 hours later in recovery.  Took an hour to feel awake.  Hung around til it was time to go.  This was great other than being unsteady on my feet.  My wife wheeled me to the door and left me to get the car and I got. Bad case of vertigo. Lasted a few minutes.  Got in the car and it really came back with a vengeance. My wife stopped a bit and got some gravol. Once it toke effect the nausea I was getting form slightly moving my head died down. Got home an hour and half later with no more vertigo or nausea. Yeah. In bed typing this with really loud tinnitus but that’s ok. It makes my slightly dizzy but no vertigo.  The worst part so far was the uncontrolled spinning. It’s terrible.  I have much sympathy for anyone who has vertigo attacks?  Question what triggers vertigo attacks and what are ways to make it stop..  hoping I don’t have to go through that again.  I’ll be in bed resting for a few days . I’m off for 11 days to take a break.  Thanks all for you support.  Glad I’m the proud owner of a synchrony 2 and 31.5 mm array.  Oh and surgeon said insertion went well.  

Thanks  all 

Rob

• HearPeers Heroes

@Rob Gellner

Rest easy.  I kept my head elevated for the first few days.