Is there a difference in hearing quality?

Joel

I frequently rotate a Rondo3 with my sonnet 2 with disposable batteries and Sonnet2 with rechargeable batteries. Does anybody notice a difference in clarity or quality between the three .. or even two? (I have a h/a in my other ear.)

Thanks,

joel

• HearPeers Heroes

@Joel

What differences are you noticing?

I get best clarity from my Rondo3.
Sonnet batteries seem a touch better than rechargeable version. 

Could be in my mind, but wanted to check.

jc

• HearPeers Heroes

@Joel

I wore both Rondo 3 and Sonnet 2 during a research study and found I preferred the audio quality of Rondo 3 as well.  I think I may just prefer the Rondo 3 microphones over the Sonnet 2 microphones.

I find the Sonnet series processors to be very finicky about batteries unlike the previous OPUS2 processor.  OPUS2 sounded exactly the same when using disposable or its rechargeable batteries.  Sonnet processors sound different to me based on which battery source I use.  I preferred the steadiness of sound in the OPUS2.

Not in your mind at all.  It’s due to the mic position most likely as Audi once explained to me.  Have always noticed a wide difference between the two.  Whether one is better than the other, it’s up to the user.