ReSound TV Streamer 2 and Sound Bar and optical connection

Jim Perry

Has anyone successfully used an optical splitter so that both a sound bar (in my case, Sonos) and the  ReSound TV Streamer 2 are both active via the single optical port on a smart TV (in my case, Samsung)?

I bought this -- BlueRigger Digital Optical Audio Splitter 1x2 (1 in 2 Out Toslink Splitter, Support LPCM2.0, Dolby Digital, DTS 5.1)- for Home Theatre, Xbox, PS5, DVD Player, TV, Receiver, Sound Bar, Amplifier  -- but even though the yellow light on the Streamer is on, I am getting nothing through my hearing aids if I use the spliiter. If I plug only the Streamer into the TV's optical port it works just fine. 

Does one need to use a powered splitter like Tendak 1X2 4K HDMI Splitter with HDMI Audio Extractor + Optical and R/L Audio Output Powered Splitter 1 in 2 Out Signal Distributor Support 3D for PS4 Xbox One DVD Blu-ray Player HD TV Projector? (found here  Amazon)

I tried connecting the Streamer to the TV using the analog connects but that did not work.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Jim Perry

This forum is hosted by the Med-El brand cochlear implants so most of us here have Med-El CIs, which do not use the resound TV streamer.