TV Audio Streaming to Sonnet2 Question

Joel

I’m looking for a way to stream tv audio directly into my sonnet2 - here's the catch - without using headphones or iPhone or audiolink . Is there a third party product that does this that anyone is using?

Thanks

joel

• HearPeers Heroes

Yes but do you mind me asking why you do not wish to use AudioLink to do that?

• HearPeers Heroes

@Joel

We can use a variety of other items.  A BT streamer plugged into the optical connection on the TV will stream audio to a BT headphone (around the ear designs are easy to use with Sonnet/Sonnet2 as long as the cup is big enough.  I like BOSE QC35) or a BT neckloop.  Some TVs will directly stream audio to BT headphones without the need for an attached BT transmitter.

Systems with transmitters/receivers (like the Roger system) are options as well.  I just saw that Diglo is now selling Roger systems online as well as Connevans.  I have not compared their prices. Sonnet/Sonnet2 can use the Roger 21 receiver ALONG WITH a Roger transmitter.

There are users who looped their TV room so they then just switch into MT for TV audio access.

• HearPeers Heroes

To stream audio to the Sonnet 2 directly without the need for headphones….

choices include:

using the Sonnet’s built in proprietary receiver with AudioLink

using the Sonnet’s battery door integrated BTLE receiver (AudioStream) with ROKU app on phone or Amazon Fire TV Cube (3rd Gen), Amazon Fire TV Cube (2nd Gen)

using a Roger 21 integrated battery cover receiver ALONG WITH a Roger transmitter

using the Sonnet’s telecoil with a BT neckloop or a combination of BT streamer plus neckloop or a looped TV room

Basically we need the audio to be received by the Sonnet either

-using the Sonnet microphones

-using the Sonnet’s built in proprietary receiver (AudioLink)

-using the Sonnet’s battery door integrated BTLE receiver (AudioStream)

-using an added on proprietary receiver (Roger 21 integrated battery door receiver which must be coupled with a Roger transmitter).

-using telecoil

I"m having a difficult time connecting AudioLink to my LG TV. The TV doesn't take RCA Cables. I tried an optical cable with a jack going into the audio link and that doesn't work. There seems to be one jack on the back of my tv that one of the cables provided would connect into and also into my dock, but that doesn't seem to work. Open to ideas.

Thanks,

• HearPeers Heroes

@Joel

many TVs no longer have the red/white rca outputs.  Unfortunately that leaves these options with AudioLink

1) buy an adapter which has the TVs outputs

2) try using the headphone audio out but that may cut out all sound for others

3)use the AudioLink as a remote mic and just set it near the TV speaker