Rondo3 and Audiolink

Ahmed

Been almost one week now with Rondo3. Upgraded from Rondo2. I have found out that connecting my iphone to Audiolink wirely streaming Netflix or even YouTube doesn’t  provide the best sound quality. 
im still having my OPUS2 as back up device I found it way better than Rondo3  when it comes to streaming using the Arton3. 
is there any way to make rondon3 and the audiolink Work better ?

thanks all. 

• HearPeers Heroes

@Ahmed

several of us find the audio quality of AudioLink is better when the AudioLink is cabled to the sound source or sitting in its dock which is cabled to the sound source.  Have you tried that?

I have done that and still poor sound quality. I might just need time to adopt to the Rondo3. Will keep you posted here 

thanks for responding 

• HearPeers Heroes

@Ahmed

I still prefer the Artone with my Sonnets over the AudioLink.

• 1 month later...

Just got my CI activated today. I am having trouble connecting the audio link with my CI. It is connected to bluetooth. But I'm unable to hear the sound directly in my CI. Please help!

• HearPeers Heroes

@Lisette

congratulations!

It requires pairing to your phone (seems that part went well) and also pairing to your processor (maybe that step didn’t happen correctly).

This video may help 

• HearPeers Heroes

Rondo 3 pairing with AudioLink is shown here

• Members

@Lisette Welcome to the CI community! 

Great that you are already trying to do Audiolink.

The videos that Mary Beth posted links to are very helpful.  I used them and similar many times. 

If you are still having problems after experimenting with the videos, it might be helpful to explain your situation a little more. 

There are many variables such as:

• What kind of phone (Android or Apple) and OS version?
  • What processor (Rondo 3 or Sonnet 2) are you using?
  • Are you getting BT to the Audiolink to relay to processor or hardwired to Audiolink?
  • and more. 

In any case, Audiolink is "problematic" and finicky for connections. 

In general, my only real use for the Audiolink is when I'm plugging an audio input in to it and using it to connect to my Rondo 3.  The connection quality is very weak to my processor and often keeps getting lost if I turn my head.  In theory the Audiolink can make a Bluetooth connection to the phone directly but I don't really trust it.  It feels overtaxed just staying connected to the processor. 

When I'm doing "real streaming" I will usually just rely on my Sonnet 2 with Audiostream.  I am really looking forward to the Rondo 3 Audiostream attachment that will be coming out "soon." (Who knows what soon means, as that can also vary by country, perhaps 1-3 months?)

By the way, from my activation day until the second appointment, I had a hard time making out much of anything on just my CI, streaming would have been pointless for me. Others were lucky and had better initial success on activation. 

Frankly, if you have an appointment with your audiologist in a week or two, you might wait until then to their help in getting things working.

Even though I want to push on rehab, I think it is fine to relax and just focus on wearing your CI and letting the brain get used to new input until your next adjustment.

The hearing journey is long and unique for everyone.  It is a marathon rather than a sprint.  Welcome to HearPeers.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Lisette

and if you are trying to stream audio from your phone through AudioLink without using any cables and that phone audio is not an actual phone call, then you need to be running the audio2ear conversion app in the background 

Thank you so much for your help! Maybe I am trying to do too much in one day:)

I'm a mom of 6. And my oldest is getting married in less than 3 weeks. So I want to try my hardest to learn to listen through my CI.

It seems I have the same issue with all my devices. Apple cellphone, apple iPad and apple desktop. My CI is paired with my Audiolink. And on each device its shows that both my CI and my Audiolink are connected to bluetooth. A couple times I have been able to get the sound from my desktop into my CI. Through hardwire and bluetooth. And then it just disconnects again. 

Cellphone, I just downloaded the conversion app. Tomorrow I'll go to the store to get the hardwire. 

Ipad is the same issue. I'll try the conversion app on it as well.

• HearPeers Heroes

The sound when using AudioLink for audio that is NOT a phone call AND NOT using cables to connect the AudioLink or its dock to the device….

travels via BT to AudioLink (so choose AudioLink as the BT connection from your phone/tablet)

then travels via a proprietary way from the AudioLink to the Rondo 3.

But because AudioLink can not use BT for any protocol that is not an actual phone call, we need to run the Audio2Ear app in the background.  It converts audio into the phone call protocol.

The direct connection of Rondo 3 to your phone is for the remote functions of AudioKey2.

Many people prefer the way AudioLink works when it is cabled to the sound source or in its dock which is cabled to the sound source.

The new Rondo 3 AudioStream adapter will allow direct streaming from phone/tablet to Rondo 3 for ALL audio.  Check out the Med-El website for info or our topics here.  Availability varies by country.  The US is still awaiting approval.

• Like 2